Lydia & Steve

The banshee's wail dies out and Lydia gives a small gasp of horror. Left with a slightly gaping mouth and images of an assassination flashing before her eyes, she's only snapped out of the trance when Stiles grips her by the shoulders and shakes her.

"Lyds? Lydia!"

"Someone's gonna- how could they- we have to stop them!"

"Stop who, Lydia? You're not making any sense," Stiles says. He grips her just a little tighter and glances at the Pack gathering behind Lydia's back. Her breathing takes a minute to become normal once more, but her eyes still hold the horror of what she's just seen.

"They're gonna kill Captain America."

Lydia's walking the perimeter of town square, she picking at the peach nail polish adorning her fingernails

Lydia's walking the perimeter of town square, she picking at the peach nail polish adorning her fingernails. The whole pack has gathered for the Avengers visiting their town for some sort of public outdoor assembly and Lydia knows that today is the day.

She gave the Pack the same details that she saw- the only thing they knowing for sure being that Captain America was going to go down by a shot to the heart as soon as he was introduced to the crowd. Scott and Stiles immediately wanted to go to the Sheriff, but they couldn't exactly do so without outing themselves to the team when the Avengers eventually demanded to know how Lydia- of all people- knew of an assassination attempt. (Best case scenario, they believed the McCall pack, but then the Pack remained under a watchful eye for the rest of their lives. Worst case, they were all detained after spinning some story and for even insinuating such a thing).

Bumping into a rather firm arm, Lydia stumbles and is knocked from her thoughts only to have someone grip her arm to keep her upright. Looking up at face of the person holding her steady, Lydia comes face to face with none other than the one Avenger known as Hawkeye.

"Hey, there. You okay?"

She sharply inhales and nods, her gaze then falling to the redhead just to his left- the Black Widow. "I-I'm fine. Just spaced," she offers up with a reassuring smile and then turns her attention back on Hawkeye when he finally releases his grip on her arm. "Shouldn't you guys be with the others? The assembly's starting soon."

And in truth, it is. In about ten minutes, the Mayor will take the stage that has been set up just at the top steps of City Hall and one by one, the Avengers will be introduced. Tony Stark along with Pepper Potts, Captain Rogers and Thor are already inside. Bruce Banner and the new one known Vision had chosen to sit out, and the Black Widow and Hawkeye are apparently doing their own perimeter check.

Hawkeye smirks at Lydia, but before he can say anything the other new Avenger- the one with a red leather jacket and numerous necklaces and rings adorning her neck and fingers- makes a sudden appearance at their side. "The Captain is requesting you inside," her heavily accented voice mutters.

The Widow and Hawkeye nod, and then the new Avenger glances at Lydia. Her gaze is sad, but then a moment later she's looking curiously at Lydia before smiling and nodding in greeting and then taking her leave.