~1~

© All rights reserved.

Zoey's P.O.V

"Zoey, hurry up, or you'll be late for your first day of senior year!" My mother yells out my bedroom door as the music blasting of my speaker drown her voice. I strip off my clothes and get in the shower. I take a long breath as the hot water warms my body. Finally, last year of high school. I'm a nerd. Well, that's what they call me, a "sort of nerd."

I get perfect grades, never get in trouble, and I used to be part of the Science club. I try to have a regular life and keep it low-key but I just can't. You see, I'm Zoey Ortiz. I don't wear glasses, I don't wear "nerdy" clothes, and I am friends with half of the school. Well, I know about half of the school. I don't consider them friends.

Which has had an impact on most of the student body because apparently, they hate me, why? Because they think I'm perfect, I have long brown hair up to my ass, sorry "butt," olive skin and blue eyes. Oh, and I'm Hispanic thanks to my mother.

According to everyone, I have a perfect body but, is because I work out. Overall I'm a nice person, but people think because I'm rich, I'm stuck up, but those who know me are aware of who I am. (I'm not even rich.)

Honestly, I'm just an average teenager who thinks school is important enough to be serious about it. I get out the shower and wrap a soft towel around my body. I walk into my walk-in closet and decide to wear a long-sleeved black blouse complimenting it with a pair of light jeans and simple brown sandals.

Once I'm all dressed up, I decided to go with a cute messy bun and light makeup. I take my favorite watch from my nightstand. My dad gave it to me before he passed away. The watch has a message on it, "I love you, my angel, always and forever."

I love you too daddy.

He bought it for me on my 14th birthday before being diagnosed with lung cancer and passing away four months later. I take my bag from my bed and head down for breakfast.

I find my mother sitting at the dinner table waiting for me eating pancakes, reading the newspaper. I grab an apple from the kitchen placing my back on the counter and start walking towards her. Before I get there, someone jumps on me knocking us both to the floor. When I look up at the familiar green eyes, I squeal with happiness. "Dee Dee" I grin and manage to get on top of him and hug him hard, I missed my brother.

"God, I have forgotten how strong you are, you need to stop working out man" embarrassed I get up and give him a hand. Before I know it I'm wrapped in his arms, I sigh. He feels like home. "Did you think I was going to stay in England all my life?" He jokes pulling away from me and taking a seat next to my mom, and so do I.

"Morning, mama," I say kissing her on her cheek. "I guess not; I just can't believe we will be entering senior year together!" I grin.

"Well, duh. I need to be there to annoy you the whole year," My brother says, throwing a grape, and I catch it with my mouth. "Nice"

"Alright dummies, can we have a proper breakfast? "my mom rolls her eyes playfully. "Daniel, remember to get a ride from your sister until your car arrives."

Dee nods "Cool if anything I can catch a ride with Rex too." Rex was Dee's best friend since middle school when we moved here. They met at school and have been inseparable since.

"Oh, I almost forgot, I've gotten a promotion, and my new partner has invited us over for dinner, I will want you both in your best behavior" I'm used to this. My mother owns a few businesses and constantly get partners to invest in them. Sometimes we invite them to dinner, or they invite us.

"Sorry mom, no can do. I have a meeting with two coaches, they both offering a full scholarship. I can't miss it" my brother says grinning like a madman. My brother plays baseball, and he is good at it.