~5~

"How did you find this place ?" I ask Blake as I run my hands on the clear water of a small lake. You can see the rocks at the bottom, the place is really deep in the woods, it would be hard to find. We've been for about an hour.

"When I was around 14 and I started getting you know "out of control" I was walking at night and walked a bit too far into the woods and found this place, been my secret place since then" he answered as he Started laying on his back and closing his eyes.

"This is your safe heaven" I whisper.

"You can say that" A faint smile escapes his lips and if I said Blake smirk was the worst thing in the world, then you can only imagine what his smile is.

"My house is very big and there are always people there. My three brothers are chaos-"

"You have three brothers?" I interrupt him my eyes wide. I thought he was an only child.

"Yup, Mathew who is the oldest. He is 24. Kevin who is only older than me by one year, he is 19. And our younger brother Zack, who is 11. If you thought I was annoying, wait till you meet them" he smirks and I roll my eyes laying down beside him.

"I have a little sister too, she is 8" he whispers and his tone is sad.

"Where does she lives ?" I ask quietly I can tell this is a hard subject for him.

"Somewhere far," he says and I don't dare to ask any more questions because I can feel him tense beside me.

"My parents are never home, always working or too busy to spend time with their kids.I don't remember the last time we had a family dinner, all of us together. It's always been me and my brothers and Melany.

" You have each other, is all that matters," I say picking up at the grass under me.

"What about you ms. Perfect?" He grins and the tension between us disappear.

" I live with my brother and my mom, we used to live in the Dominican Republic till I was 7, I was born there and I'm not perfect"

"You don't look Dominican, well your body does" he chuckles.

"My dad is American, he went with his friends for vacation one summer where he met my mom. They fell in love. Next thing she knows, she's married and pregnant with my brother. My dad moved to DR with us. He said he wanted us to learn about our roots.

"Where is your dad?"

I close my eyes and sigh," far away" I whisper. I stand up and look down at him. "Come I want to show you my safe heaven" I grab his hand and help him up. " I'm driving "

"No, I don't want to die yet," he says and I roll my eyes. I know he won't give up that easy. The car keys are hanging from his pocket. I can easily distract him and take them. 

"Oh come on. I have my own car parked in the school parking lot.

"Yes, car and this is a bike. Know the difference ?"  He shakes his head," Besides, you can't drive that car of yours, let alone a freaking bike," he rolls his eyes.

"I know how to ride a bike, my brother and cousins thought me when I went back to visit," I say and get closer to him. We are face to face and is my opportunity. "Please," I say sweetly and he looks down to me. If I raise my face our lips would merely touch.

"No," he says and grins. I step closer so are body are pressed together and I raise my hand and place it on his cheek.

"What a-are are you doing ?" I look up at him and before he notices it I snatch the keys from his pocket and run with full force out the woods, I see the bike near but before I reach it two strong arms wrap around my hips and I'm pushed to the floor. I try to escape but his hold is strong on me.

I look at the keys next to my hair and try to grab it with my free hand but he beats me to it and takes it. I look at our position and I blush. His legs are tangled with mine and he is laying on top of me. His weight is not fully on me though.

He notices our position too and smiles. He leans down or faces very close to each other, his eyes never leaving mine. He places a kiss on my forehead and gets up. I blink and look up at the hand he is offering and I grab it. What just happened?

Not letting go of my hands we walk towards his bike. Letting go he grabs the helmet and places it on my head, locking it. He gets on the back and so do I. I wrap my arms around him. 

"Branton plaza" I whisper our destination and the bike comes to life, easing us onto the street.

❤ ❤ ❤