Prologue

Today was perfect. The air was crisp and a faint autumn breeze was in the air. Sophie couldn't get the huge smile she had off her face. Today was the day she went to Hogwarts.

The slightly rusty yellow car pulled up to the station, and she got out as fast as she could; her heart beating fast. Her father opened the yellow trunk of car, and took out her bags "are you sure you don't want us to go with you into the station?" Sophie shook her head "I'm fine, you guys are almost late for work!"

Her mother smiled at Sophie as she tried to take in every ounce of her daughters appearance. Her light yellow jacket zipped up, her brown hair in soft, messy curls. Her chubby cheeks were pushed back as she smiled with excitement "this is the one day that we can afford to be late, it's your first day Sophie. Are you sure you don't want us to walk you there? The platform is tricky to find" Sophie shook her head "I want to do this by myself" her mother shared a proud look with her father. They both knew Sophie wouldn't be able to find the platform, but they also knew that they couldn't change Sophie's mind. If she wanted to find the platform by herself, she would.

Sophie smiled "I'll miss you guys!" Her mother stopped her 11 year old daughter "you know where to go, right?" Sophie rolled her eyes and laughed "that's the tenth time you asked! I'll be fine mom, bye!" Her mother raised an eyebrow at Sophie, knowing she was lying. Sophie hugged her mother tightly, then her father.

Sophie grabbed her bags and tried to run to the entrance of the train station, but her luggage was to heavy. Her father tapped the wheels to the bags with his wand, making them automatically turn by themselves, but Sophie didn't have to know that. Sophie turned, waving to her parents but accidentally caught her foot on a curb and fell. She laughed it off, and so did her parents.

"You think she knows where she's going?" Marcus Joie asked Angela Joie, the worry thick in his voice. Angela laughed "no, but I'm sure Molly will find her, Arthur said that they'd make sure she got there okay"

"Do you think she'll make friends? I mean I love the kid but she's quite the different cookie" Angela asked her husband

Marcus laughed "I mean...If not she's got the Weasley twins. They're good kids, they'll make sure she has some friends" he smiled at his wife "They'll take care of Sophie"

• • •

Sophie wandered the train station aimlessly, she lied to her parents and now she was paying the price. She was at platform nine, but didn't see nine and three quarters. Sophie was too shy to ask any stranger where the platform was, so she just waited to see if there would be anymore Hogwarts students showing up so that she could asks hem instead.

"Hurry up or you'll miss the train! Fred I told you put your wand away! George stop it! The muggles might see that!" Sophie turned to see a red headed woman herding two identical twins, both were carrying wands. She smiled in relief.

"Excuse me, do you know where platform nine and three quarters is?" Sophie asked the woman.

The woman smiled at Sophie "you must be Sophie, I'm a friend of your parents. Just follow Fred and George, they'll lead you to it"

Sophie turned to the twins, and they greeted her with smiles on their faces "come on! We'll show you, all you have to do is run into a wall"

Sophie looked at the twins in confusion. "Wait what? Are you serious! That's dangerous!" They nod "Fred, you first" Fred flashed a smile at Sophie before taking a run at the wall. Sophie held her breath, but sure enough, Fred disappeared. "You next" George said