Chapter 4

Jealousy equals anger

{4}

"What can I get for you three?" A waitress asks us. "Three butterbeers please" I order. She nods "three butterbeers coming up!" She smiles at us. When we got to Hogsmead; we all simultaneously agreed we would stop at the Three Broomsticks first before going to the joke shop or the stationary store

Once the waitress left our table, the twins and I started talking about the Yule ball, and about our dates.

"Right. So, if no one asks you and no one asks me; should we make a pact?" Fred says, looking at me. My eyebrows furrow "a pact? For what?" Fred shrugs "well, seeing as lover boy over here already has a date, if we don't have dates by the time the Yule ball get here we'll go as friends" I shrug, seemed reasonable enough. A smile comes to my face, and I nod "why not?"

The waitress comes back with our drinks, and I slide the money to her "thank you" she smiles and takes the money.

Fred and George both raised their eyebrows, and shared a look with each other  "what?" I ask "Don't look, but Cedric just walked in" my eyes widen "where is he sitting?"I ask. Fred frowned in confusion "at Cho's table"

My heart sank, and I looked to see that he was talking to her. I turn back around, and take a big chug of butterbeer "this sucks, totally sucks. A rumour is going around that Cedric really wants to go to the ball with Cho" I sigh "looks like our pact is going to become a reality"

"Hey, at least you didn't like him that much?" Fred says, trying to make me feel better. But he cringed when the words came out of his mouth. I sigh "I've liked him for three years, but never told him" I shrug "it's whatever I guess" I say, trying to make it sound like not a big deal. I give the two of them a smile and try to push the picture of Cedric and Cho together out of my mind

I turn to my left to see Fleur and Krum. They were looking around for somewhere to sit. I scan the room and see that all the tables were taken. I wave at them to come sit with us

"Thank you, all of our friends stayed at the castle, but we wanted to see the town" Fleur explained, sitting down next to me.

"Oh, it's no problem" I say giving Fleur a warm smile. Viktor, Fred and George start talking about Quidditch, but I couldn't help glancing at the table that Cedric was sitting at. I thought that Cedric and I's... Relationship was going well. I guess not... "you like him?" Fleur asked me, drawing me from my thoughts "yes? I mean, I don't know" I sigh, a small blush coming to my cheeks as I rest my head on my hand

She smiles at me "I know a look of love" my eyes widen "I love him? No! No way. There is no way I love him. It's way to early in our... Whatever we are to tell" She pauses, thinking "I definitely think you fancy him, whether it's as friends or something else" I shake my head "we haven't talked that much, and besides, what's the point if he likes Cho?" she shakes her head "love never waits" I give her a look "I'm pretty sure it's way to early to say that I love him" 

She takes a thoughtful sip of butterbeer my butter beer before replying "then you're in love with the thought of being with him" I stay quiet at that. Fleur smirks and returns to her drink, knowing that she was right this time.

"Excuse me, but are you Sophie Joie?" I turn to see a lady with light blond curls, cat looking glasses, fair skin and purple lipstick that was slightly smeared. I placed her as Rita Skeeter from the Daily Prophet. I turn to my four friends sitting at the table with me and wink "that's me" She smiles at me "aha! someone tipped me off about you, they said you were good friends with two of the champions?"