15. freak show

Bruce Wayne was such a great guy. Had endless amount of money he gave to the needy. Especially little kids.

Sometimes, he'd do something for the kids who were at Arkham. The kids that seemed to have lost their innocence because of some tragedy like the one he had suffered when he was young. Except they didn't turn out like him. Didn't have the means, the support, the will.

So he did something for them once in a while. Even though some of them were cold blooded killers, sick in the mind, or incapable of living in society, he felt like they were still kids. Still kids who'd want to have fun and smile and laugh once in a while.

So with Doctor Arkham blessing, the circus was in town! -In Arkham.

How amazing!

The acrobats, animals, trapeze acts, musicians, hoopers, tightrope walkers, jugglers, unicyclists, as well as other object manipulation and stunt-oriented artists.

And not to forget the clowns! There was no circus without the clowns.

And what's even better about this circus act was that the ringleader was a silly but determined clown ready to get the show on the road.

His lips were freshly red and wide in a big happy grin. His grills glinting under the florescent lights as he stepped out of the room. He was dressed nicely in a red long-tail jacket that shimmered under the lights with a green undercoat. A black hat adorned his head and hid most of his bright green hair. He held a whip in his gloved hand. His long legs in some nice black slacks with shiny dress shoes to finish it off. He felt like a million bucks, well more like he was dressed in a million bucks.

Ryan stood outside the room nervously looking around.

"Why so nervous boy?" Joker asked chuckling as he smoothed out his outfit. "You should be excited."

"I am," Ryan answered back quickly.

Joker grabbed his golden cane decorated with gleaming diamonds. He laughed as he grabbed the bat Ryan had brought as he had requested and threw the whip at Ryan carelessly.

"Ouch-"

"Great!" Joker cried out excitedly. "Let's go." Ryan nodded trailing behind the mad man who felt like a fat kid at a candy store.

As the Joker walked down the gloomy halls of the psyche ward, freaks stumbled away from him as he made his grand entrance with loud popping fireworks, gunshots, and horns. Confetti and glitter exploding above the Joker.

This circus would surely be a hit; especially when you can handpick freaks that were left here to rot for something even better than a circus. A freak show!

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Joker cackled out as he made it to the center of psyche ward. "You are all invited to attend and participate in this fun little circus!" Joker announced as he stepped up on top of two midgets' backs to grab everyone's attention. "As you can see this circus is a rare occurrence around this sad boring little place. I'd have fun if I were you!"

Guards immediately started to point their guns at the Joker and every running psycho around them, but they were just too much. For every freak killed it seemed like two would pop up.

Joker did a little twirl as he jumped off the little guys and waved at the guards who were surrounded by his entourage of randomly dressed henchman or most likely their replacements.