16. Escape

"So you're like my boyfriend?" She asked shyly; her cheeks heating up at the thought.

Woah now!

He tensed up standing up straight.

He frowned a bit and stared up at the ceiling thoughtfully before looking down at her with a devilish grin that slowly graced his handsome face. 

"Yeah," he replied shrugging. Why the hell not?

"I'm the love of your life. The one and only," he breathed out smiling down at her evilly.

"Really?" She asked in awe. He was that special to her?

"Mhmm," he confirmed as he hugged her and ran his hands through her lush dark hair. "Why else do you think the strange doctor wanted to keep us apart?" He asked as he cupped her face in his hands. His methodical icy blue eyes staring deeply into her dark clueless ones. "You're my evil little counter part. My killer queen."

If she couldn't melt any further into his arms!

"I guess, you're right," she nodded.

Why else?

If he had the hots for Jolene before, god bless her poor little soul because now that he's seen her killing, seen her bathed in the blood of his enemy, actually enjoying it, she wouldn't be able to get rid of him so easily.

"Johnny boy!" He called out with a whistle, and a man dressed in a nice suit came in with a handkerchief in hand.

"Yes sir," he replied after his eyes did a quick sweep around the room pausing at the girl a bit surprised at the sight.

"Bring in the pooches. They're simply starving."

"Pooches," she giggled out. She never heard that before. He had a funny way of talking.

"Of course sir," the man nodded exiting the room.

"Come on baby. Let's go home."

Joker lead her out of the room, and she was greeted with sight of complete chaos. Patients ran around screaming and fighting and dying trying to escape. Random fires out of nowhere. Circus performers were performing kills throughout the institution. Deadly animals like tigers and even an elephant were running around. Guards shooting and others shooting back. Dead bodies scattered around.

Pure and utter chaos.

His type of circus where the madman runs the show.

Johnny came towards them with some mean hyenas who were barking and squealing and laughing nonstop. He lead the savage animals into the room they had just exited, and she could only imagine.

"Jolene how have ya been darling?" A man with dark blonde hair and dark brown eyes all of a sudden greeted her as he appeared by her side along with other weirdly dressed up guards who surrounded her and Joker.

Was he her friend?

She doubted it since he was dressed up as an Arkham guard and all.

She just stared at him.

"Ryan," Joker hissed out. "Get us out of here. Pronto!"

"Yessah sir!" He replied as they were hurriedly escorted further down the chaotic Asylum.

"We've got an estimated three minutes before the Batman pulls in. I'm sure he has already heard of this," the Ryan fellow spoke into his walkie talkie.

"Copy that. All cameras have been shut off since we've started. Go towards the back. The getaways are out there waiting. It should be a smooth ride. Except for the couple bullets flying your way from the good guys of course." Came the clear response of a man who chuckled through the talkie.