14. therapies and memories

Day 31

So how do you feel today?" Strange asked as he distractedly wrote in his journal. A journal that kept details over his little project on Joker and Jolene.

"Fine and dandy," Joker replied shrugging. "Like always."

"Hmph, that's nice to hear," the doctor replied a bit disappointed, but he knew his patient was good at hiding what he really felt. He had a way of turning his anger against others.

"Wanna hear a joke?"

No response.

"So there was this strange man obsessed with bats and clowns. A weird combination I must say." Joker grinned as his eyes stared up at the ceiling lazily.

"The clowns stuck in a box and the bat is out there running around freely. I ain't find it fair myself since those two are two sides to a quarter. Don't ya agree?"

Strange would never admit it.

"Anyways, in came a a rusty old nickel wanting to be a quarter. A fat faced fuck was on the head, and on its tail was Arkham filled with the crazies."

"Stupid fuck thinks his worth a quarter." Joker cracked up laughing.

"That's the joke?" Strange asked not amused at all.

"Yeah."

Day 37

"How do you get a nun pregnant?"

"Dress her up as an alter boy."

No laughs. Tough crowd.

"Why does miss piggy douche with honey?"

"Because Kermit likes his pork sweet and sour."

Disgusted face. A response. But ouch.

"I am amazed at your patience and control," the doctor finally admitted. "Here you are telling me jokes and laughing at them yourself for days on end while this girl you've taken a liking to is under the same roof as you, suffering at my hands."

"If it makes one person laugh," Joker chuckled to himself.

"Oh doctor, doctor, doctor," he chided. "I'm allowing you to do this. See where ya get," Joker informed him as he leered closer towards him. "I mean you're just bringing her closer to insanity. Practically doing my work. It's like they do nowadays, let an illegal immigrant do the work for cheap right? You're the worker barely getting by, and I'm the one reaping the profits." Joker taunted.

"You're comparing my profession to the cheap works of illegal aliens?!?" The doctor was greatly offended. The ego was such a fragile thing. "You must be out of your mind. What I'm doing is magic. I am restructuring her psyche to forget you."

"Okay," Joker nodded along. "And once she forgets what are you gonna do exactly?" Joker snickered to himself. "Keep her away from me forever. You really think your capable of doing that? I mean, you must be a really arrogant bastard to think you're capable of doing that." Joker mused out.