Life With Carter Part 9

QUICK NOTE!: if the last chapter didn't end with Carter telling Becky off, and then the word 'Kaitlin' was the last word, then you'll have to delete it and upload it again. REALLY SORRY:((

there will be more from me at the end of the chapter, but for now...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I stared in shock at Carter, dumbfounded by the events that just occured.

I left trig class in such a hurry, I had forgotten my textbook. I hurried back to the classroom, only to find it missing. I asked a girl who was still in the classroom if she had seen it. She informed me that she had thought she saw Carter pick it up. I internally groaned. The last thing I wanted to do was deal with Carter. He was piecing together things I didn't want him to figure out; things I didn't want anyone to figure out, especially him.

I reluctantly dragged myself to his locker. I couldn't help but notice Becky. I didn't know what they were saying, but Carter seemed annoyed. She placed her hand on his chest seductively, but he quickly removed it. I smiled smugly at her getting rejected.

Quickly, there chat seemed to turn less friendly. Carter was getting angry. I small crowd was forming. I stood in the back and listened. Their talking about... me? I listened as Becky mercilessly insulted me. Anger boiled inside me, but dissipated as Carter defended me. A happiness bubbled inside me as he told her off. Becky stormed off, and the bystanders slowly made their way to their classes, but I stood in place, frozen by shock.

Carter and I made eye contact, and his eyes widened,

Being surprised. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Uhh..." he stuttered.

I slowly walked closer to him.

He directed his eyes towards the ground. "She was saying stuff about you."

"Carter-" He interrupted me.

"I was just trying to help. I didn't think it would get so heated."

"Carter, I-" I tried again, but the stupid boy kept rambling.

"I'm sorry if it embarrassed you or whatever, but I-"

"Carter!" I shouted, putting both hands on either side of his face. His green eyes bored into mine.

"Thank you." I said softly, still holding his head in my hands.

He seemed surprised, but quickly recovered.

He smiled his bright smile. "Your welcome."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled back. I released his head, and carried on to my class.

I walked into my house after the long and eventful day fully ready to lay down and relax until I heard voices from the kitchen.

Curious, I decided to investigate. I walked into the kitchen to find my mom chatting with... Carter? Oh God, this cannot be good.

They were casually sitting at our dining table with coffee mugs and a plate of freshly-made chocolate chip cookies sitting between them. My mom was laughing at something charming Carter said as I entered.

"What's.. Going on?.." I asked as politely as possible, even though I was completely weirded out.

"Oh Kait! Carter here stopped by to give you something, but you weren't home yet so I told him he could wait here until you got home." my mom informed me with a bright smile.

"Really? Well what is it?" I asked the smirking Carter, a fake smile plastered across my face.

"Oh, you forgot your trig book." he said, handing it to me gingerly.