Prologue

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE (PLEASE READ)

DEDICATED TO @brainjunkies for all the help!

Hey Hey Hey people....this is my first time writing a book so it might be a bit 'shaky' but i'm trying to improve so please bear with me :) I'd really appreciate comments with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism OR just state your opinion.

THANKS TO MY FRIEND PETRA FOR HELP WITH THIS

PLEASE DON'T PLAGIARIZE (COPY) ANY PART OF THIS STORY (IT'S ILLEGAL)

*************************

PROLOGUE

JONATHAN'S P.O.V

To do my job I had to be one track minded. Lethal. A ruthless leader. It was a dirty and dangerous job but i had to do it. Some called me cold hearted and other called me a hero. Some looked at me with disgust, others looked at me in awe...but what they had in common was the fear in their eyes when I was near.

The thing is, I didn't care how they looked at me -or saw me for that matter-...as long as they understood.

Understood that I was the only one standing between them and eternal damnation.

Understood that I was their only hope.

Understood that without me, there would be no them.

They needed me. They had no choice.

They didn't have to agree with my methods, hell, even I thought my methods could be a little unorthodox at times. But my methods worked. They worked well.

I knew that people didn't understand that when you've been through what I have you learn to watch you back, to hide emotions and to block vulnerabilities. It's all crucial for survival.

I was used to my depression. Used to the silence. Used to the shadows. Used to it all. Until I met my light. Scarlett Knight.

SCARLETT'S P.O.V

My life was perfect once. The happy semi-family, the awesome friends in a privileged school, boys basically throwing themselves at my feet. That was my life before...then something happened bringing me loneliness and death among other things, among other horrible things. I mean sure I wasn't the perfect person but I most certainly didn't deserve what I had been through. I don't think anyone did.

So now I was finally getting my life on track. After all the shit I had been through it was great for everything to finally be at a balance. I may not have had the fairytale life i had always dreamed of, the one I'm sure most girls dreamed of. You know the one.

A fairy-tale house, the fame, fortune, success and let's not forget the lovely Prince Charming and two sweet little bundles of joy.

Those were the days. Back when I thought life could be a fairy-tale. Back when I was, admittedly, oblivious to life. Way back when, before life bitch slapped me straight into the real world, forcing me to wake up and smell the foul smelling coffee called reality. So, I may not have had the unattainable fairytale but I was living a realistically good life.

My fairytale house? A two bedroom apartment in an OK neighborhood. The fame, fortune and success? I worked for a suck up, narcissistic, mediocre editor, getting just enough to pay the bills feed myself and sometimes maybe even get a new pair of shoes.

My Lovely Prince Charming? HA! Funny...I wouldn't be surprised if the bastard's running for the hills as I speak. And...My two sweet bundles of joy? At least I could get a dog right?

So sure my life wasn't perfect, but when you've been through the shit I have...you learn that life can be a bitch, that everyone is probably trying to screw you over and that no matter what problems you have, time never even slows down for you to catch a breath. So you have to take what you can get because if you don't, you shall be royally screwed. That's how I saw it anyway.

And that's why some people called me a pessimist, but I, personally, thought of myself as a realist.

I was finally used to my life. Used to my safe little box.  I was used to it all. Until I met my dark savior. Jonathan Coleman.

***************

vote / comment (I've noticed not a lot of people read after this point...so please give reasons/critisism - I'm all for  it ) / share