8

Nia

"Don't leave me," she heard in the distance as the paramedics arrived.
Taking a deep breath she woke up to see Clive standing against the wall looking panicked as she was lifted off the ground closing her eyes as she drifted off to sleep.

Cas

"Sir we have a bit of a problem," Lucien heard as he answered his phone
Cas stopped in his tracks just as Lucien did.
"I gave you one job, keep her safe, nothing more," he growled into the phone as Samiya and the children came to a halt as well.

"Get them back to the hotel," he ordered his head of security.
"Sweetheart what is the matter?" Samiya asked feeling terrified.
"I will be with you soon, just go back to the hotel. I need to take care of something," he murmured placing a haste kiss on her lips, before turning to Cas.

In understanding they entered the already waiting car as the others were ushered into the other vehicle.

"What is going on brother?"
"Sonia is in hospital. Clive did a number in her," Lucien said as they drove to the hospital.
Cas was thankful they left his entourage as he didn't like the attention.

Walking into the hospital he spotted one of Lucien's most trusted bodyguards.
He rushed over to them as he broke down what had happened whilst he led them to her room.
"Where is Clive?" Cas asked as his anger went up.
"He stayed behind," was the answer he received as they reached her door.

"Go I will be waiting for you," Lucien said.

----

She was still asleep as he walked into her room.
Taking a seat beside her he took her small hand in his as he looked over her. Caressing her cheek he leaned down to kiss her gently only to open his eyes finding her awake. As he straightened up he did not miss the hurt in her eyes as she remained silent.

"Nia," he whispered a small smile breaking on his face as she stared at him with a blank expression not responding to him.

"Baby, I am so sorry," Cas broke down as he buried his face in the crook of her neck as she remained unresponsive. They remained like this for who knows how long until he looked down at her his eyes red and puffy.
Lifting the bedcovers he saw the angry bruise on her stomach as he gently placed a hand over it seeing her flinch away from his touch. With trembling hands he pulled her gown down.

"Nia please say something I just need to hear your voice," he begged as she remained silent.

----

Nia's POV

I felt his lips upon mine making wake up. I knew it was Cas, no one else could wake me up with a kiss unlike his.
I looked into his blue eyes seeing regret and worry there.
Why does his face keep haunting my dreams. I hated the fact that I still loved him even though he made me go back to the monster. Of course he made sense, I couldn't stay with him since I was still married to Clive.

I felt a weight settle on my chest as my body shook with each sob that escaped him. The urge to wrap my arms around him was there however I just couldn't, my body told me yes but my mind kept telling me he had broken us.
Each sob a shot to my heart but what made it worse was when he lifted up my shirt to look at the damage Clive had done.

I flinched as his hand grazed over my stomach. A wave of pain went through my body as he stopped removing his hand. He gently cover me up once more. He looked completely lost as he begged me to speak to him. But I chose to remain silent, he deserved this silence.

He looked at me in defeat as I continued to stare at him. Just like in my dream he looked terrible as I realized it was his beard that had been scratching my cheek earlier.

I heard the door open as a foreign voice spoke up. The visitor came to stand behind Cas as I looked into a exact replica of  Cas. He has a twin? I thought to myself as they both looked at me.

"She is probably still in shock. Just give her time to rest," she heard a female voice say.
"Come let's leave her to rest," Cas's brother said softly.

"I can't leave her, not like this," Cas said looking troubled.
"We must," Lucien said in a commanding tone making Cas comply after a while.
"I will be back for you kitten," he whispered kissing her forehead before placing another on her lips.

----

Cas

After leaving her room the doctor had explained what had happened stating that her lungs needed to heal after the amount of water that had gotten into them.
"Apparently she tried to commit suicide but we can't seem to find an explanation as to her abdominal wound. However we have taken the necessary precautions to keep such evidence in case there is something more to this story.

Cas looked at his brother in confusion but chose to remain silent he knew the person responsible behind this lie.

Leaving in silence