Chapter 5

Puppy Love

Learning:

"Where are you going?" Minseok called out to him.

"She's alive. I'm going to save her before I really lose her." Luhan replied before running off across the woods with Miyoung. "Don't worry, Miyoung. I'll make sure you're okay. I'll never let anything happen to you again. Never..."

Luhan ran out of the woods and into the city. Once he got to the hospital, he immediately rushed into the ER and begged anyone on staff for help.

"Please, you have to save her." Luhan cried, running alongside the doctors and nurses down the hall. They had quickly laid Miyoung's body onto a stretcher and wheeled her to the operating room, Luhan still holding tight onto her hand.

"We're going to do everything we can." One of the nurses assured him. Once the doors to the operating room opened, he had no choice but to release Miyoung's limp hand and stay outside. On some sudden instinct, he grabbed the wrist of the last nurse and pulled her to face him.

"You have to understand," He looked at her worriedly, panic in his voice, "She's different from others. We are different. She's strong, but I'm worried that half of what she is won't be enough. You have to promise me you'll do everything you can to save her."

"I-I'm just an intern. I don't know if I can promise you that-"

"Promise me. You can do it, I know you can." Luhan looked into her eyes, "Please."

She looked right back at him, her fear soon transforming into determination.

"I promise."

Luhan nodded and changed so he was now holding her hand firmly, "Thank you."

The second he let go of her hand and she rushed through the doors, he heard the heart monitor flat line.

"We've lost her pulse!" He heard from the other side of the door.

"No," Luhan muttered going to the door which he knew was useless since it was now locked. "No!"

Through the small window, he saw the doctors and nurses move in haste, the intern wasting no time in doing compressions and CPR.

"We have to try shocking her heart!" Luhan heard her yell. He pressed his palms to the window, his eyes continuing to make tears, his own heart not being able to stop erratically beating.

"You have to save her." He said even though he knew she couldn't hear him. "Please..."

Just then, he heard Miyoung's heart monitor start beeping once again. He sighed in relief, wanting to run in and hug that intern and thank her over and over. Interrupting his moment of peace, he heard his phone begin to ring in his back pocket. He only socialized with so many people, so who could be calling while all this was happening? There was no doubt that Minseok and Sehun went back to the rest of the pack and told them what had happened with Miyoung. If they had, then that meant...

Luhan quickly pulled out his phone and saw the caller ID, proving his hunch. Before he could answer, his wolf ears once again heard the beeping of the heart monitor silence and convert back into a flattened line.

"Miyoung!" Luhan cried, banging his fist against the door. He saw Miyoung lying still, her chest no longer making faint movements to comfort him that she was alive. The doctors, the nurses, and that intern controlled their panic and continued trying to revive her. Luhan noticed his phone continuing to ring. Clicking answer, he put the phone to his ear, still looking into the small window at his Miyoung.