5

Isabelle's POV

I go home that day feeling happier than I've ever been.

I walk into my house with a wide grin. My mom smiles at me from the dining table and I drop my backpack on the stairs.

"How was your day?" She picks up her mug and takes a sip of her steaming tea.

"Mom... Today was the best day I've ever experienced." I close my eyes and smile.

"What happened?" She crosses her arms over the table.

"I just got asked out. Ethan, he asked me to prom and to be his girlfriend." I sit across from her.

"Honey! That's great!"

"You wanna see the video? Riley recorded it all." I pull out my phone.

"Of course!" She smiles and stares at me with pride. I pull up the video and flip my phone around to face her. She takes it from my hand and watches intently.

A tear rolls down her cheek.

"Honey." She sniffles, "I have to meet this boy."

I smile at her.

"Okay." She gets up from her seat and I do the same. She walks over to me and pulls me into a tight embrace.

"I love you so much." She says, muffled by sniffles.

"I love you too." I hold her.

"I'm sorry the world put you through hell but please never give up. I can't live without my baby." Her voice cracks.

"I'll never leave you mama."

----

I go to school the next day. Everyone I pass flashes a smile at me. I walk to 1st period with a million thoughts racing through my head. He sits at his desk with the cutest grin in the world. I walk to my desk and he stands. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my forehead.

"Hi Ethan." I close my eyes as I lay my head on his chest.

"Hi Izy." He holds me in his strong arms for a long moment and we sit.

"Let's go somewhere after school." He blurts.

"Where?"

"I wanna take you on a date." He takes my hand in his.

"I would love that." I smile at him as he rubs small circles on the back of my hand.

"Meet me after school at the quad." He says quietly.

Mr. Ross begins the lesson and we turn away from each other.

This boy has me starstruck.

----

After school I walk to the quad. Ethan stands, waiting for me. He cups my face with his warm hands and presses his lips to mine.

He softly bites my bottom lip and I run my hand up his abs. He pulls away and takes my hand. We walk out to his red Jeep.

His left hand drapes lazily over the wheel, his right hand intertwined with mine. I plug my phone into the aux cord and play my playlist. The first song is Cold Water by Major Lazer, featuring JB. I hum along to the lyrics and he looks over at me with a smile.

"What's your plan?" I turn down the volume and look at him.

"It'll be a surprise." He stares at the road with a smirk.

I don't answer and close my eyes. I lay my head back on the seat and enjoy the moment.

----

Ethan's POV

I pull into the dirt parking spot and look over at Isabelle. She looks confused.

"Where are we?" She takes a look around.

"It's a surprise."

In front of us is a large hill. Up at the top is my secret getaway. I've never shown anyone. I can tell she's a bit skeptical considering we're at some hill, on the outskirts of town.

"Trust me." I get out of the car and she hesitantly follows. I grab the water bottle and bag from the back and take her hand.

We begin the hike. It's a long one. On our way Izy tells me about her family. Her dad died when she was too little to remember. Her mom is like her best friend. I can tell she loves her a lot. I tell her about mine. My sister, parents, Grayson.

She's a really nice girl. She's lovable, smart, beautiful. It's not the kind of beautiful many would think. She's not only virtually attractive but she's a beautiful person on the inside too. I've only known her for about a month now but she makes me feel like I've known her since I was little.

We finally get to the spot. It overlooks the town completely. The sunset makes all the hills in the distance just black shadows. She gasps at the view and I hug her from behind.

"Wow..." She whispers.

"Not even Grayson knows about this place..." I say quietly.

"The view... It's beautiful." She closes her eyes and we stay in silence for a moment.

"Ethan?" She turns to face me.

"Yes?"

"You've only known me for a few weeks yet you show me a place you haven't even shown your twin. Why?" She looks down.

"Because, you make me happy... and I want to do the same for you." I smile.

"But you just met me. Nobody's ever treat me the way you do."

"Nobody's made me feel the way you do..." I say quietly.

She looks up at me and wraps her hand behind my neck. She pulls me down to meet her lips. My lips part and I deepen the kiss.

When we pull away I lay out the blanket from my bag and she lays back in between my legs. I wrap my arms around her and kiss the top of her head.

---

I hold her in my arms for a couple more hours until I drop her off and head home.

Today showed me that I want this girl to be mine for the rest of my life.