8

Isabelle's POV

"What about this one?" Riley holds up the long blue, sparkling dress. It's twinkles in the light and I smile.

"Ok, I'll try it on." I take it from her hand and begin walking to the dressing room with the other pile of dresses draped over my forearm.

As I walk through the clothing racks, a dress catches my eye.

It's a cheerful red. It's long, flowy and strapless. There are jewels placed strategically on the waist. I pause and stare, pulling it off the rack. I drape it over my forearm with the rest and continue walking to the fitting room.

I try on all the other dresses, saving the red one for last. They're all pretty but not quite my type.

Then I try on the red one...

I look in the mirror and my breath hitches. I walk out of the fitting room to show Riley. Her eyes widen.

"Damn... You look hot." She remarks, staring at the dress. I laugh lightly and smile.

"I think I found my dress..." I spin with an excited feeling in my chest. I can't wait for Ethan to see...

Ethan's POV

I pick up my phone and see a text from Izy.

Izy: I bought my dress, try and get a red tie...

I smile at her text and continue walking around the suit shop. I can't wait to see her at prom. It's in two days. She's gonna look beautiful.

I'm a candidate for prom king. I actually don't really want to win. Popularity doesn't really matter to me. I couldn't care less. Plus, I know how much this means to Grayson. He really wants to win. He's going with Riley, Isabelle's friend. I can tell he likes her.

Not the way I like Isabelle though...

I continue browsing the store and stumble across an all white tux with a red bow tie. It's nice but I'd look too much like a pimp...

I continue wandering around until I see a tux like the last one but instead of all white, it's all black with a red bow tie. I smile and pull it off the rack.

I try it on and smirk.

Perfect.

----

Isabelle's POV

Riley and I head to my house. When we get there I get a text from Ethan.

Eth: I got my tux!!

Me: i can't wait to see you in it ;)

Eth: i can't wait to spend prom with my amazing girl, you mean the world to me.

Me: you mean the world to me too, you make me happy E.

Eth: let's hang tomorrow ?

Me: see you then ❤️

I shut off my phone and set it on my night stand.

"Whatcha wanna do?" Riley kicks off her shoes and sits on the edge of my bed.

"Stranger Things?" I suggest grabbing my remote and laying on my bed. She lays beside me and nods her head.

I put on an episode of Stranger Things and run downstairs for a bowl of popcorn.

We hang out for the rest of our Saturday night and finally fall asleep with thoughts of prom.