9

DAY BEFORE PROM

Ethan's POV

"Morning." Grayson greets me in the kitchen as I grab a bowl for cereal.

I nod and continue pouring my cereal.

"What are you up to today?" He opens the fridge and throws me the almond milk.

"I'm surprising Isabelle." I pour it into my bowl and throw it back.

"You really like her, huh?" He closes the fridge and turns to me with a smirk.

"Yeah... She has this effect on me, I just want to keep her happy all the time, you know? When she laughs I feel like I did something right." I rant.

"Wow, sounds like love..." He raises his eyebrows, "If you didn't love her you wouldn't do this for her."

"I don't know man, I've only known her for 5 weeks. That's not a very long time." I sigh.

"Who ever said there's a set time when you're officially in love?"

"I know I know but if I tell her I love her I might freak her out, you know?"

"Whatever, I'm gonna go to the gym. I'll see you later." He smiles and leaves the kitchen.

I stand there for a moment.

Do I love her?

I think I might...

I sigh and go upstairs to grab my phone and send her a text.

Me: How does 2 sound? I'll pick you up and I'll take you to a little surprise.

She responds within a minute.

Izy: Sounds great!! Casual?

Me: Yep, can't wait to see you Princess.

I set my phone down and walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I turn on the water and strip my clothes. I hop in and let the steaming water roll down my back.

Today's gonna blow her mind. I can't wait to surprise her.

Isabelle's POV

I smile at his text and begin getting ready. I throw on a cropped, knitted shirt and some leggings. I put half my hair up and half down. I slip on my white vans and run downstairs to grab my purse. I sit on the couch and wait for Ethan.

Ethan: I'm here.

I smile and hop off the couch. I jog outside and greet Ethan with a tight hug.

"Hi babe." He says into my neck.

"I missed you." I laugh.. It's only been 4 days.

"I missed you more. Ready for our date?" He pulls away and pecks me on the cheek.

"Ready." He walks in front of me and opens the passenger door to his Jeep. I get in and he briskly walks to the other side.

He gets in and looks at me for a moment. I smile as I stare back. He turns and starts his car. He begins driving and he grasps my hand.

"Can I ask you a question?" I lean back in the chair.

"Of course." He glances over at me with a childish grin.

"Why me? Like, you could have any girl at our school, yet you choose me. I'm not hot... I'm not the cheerful blonde who would do anything for you." I let out a breath and watch his expression.

"First of all, you're hot as fuck. Second of all, I don't want some fake who's only thing going for them is their looks. I like your personality. I like it when you laugh, I like it when you show me your emotions. I like YOU." He emphasizes the you and squeezes my hand.

"But I'm messed up. I'm all fucked up, why would you want to spend the time to take care of me?"

"Isabelle Sienna. I feel like the luckiest man alive to have the privilege to take care of your kind heart." He smiles sweetly at me and I feel tears struggling to break free. I manage to push them away.

"Thank you." I whisper. He squeezes my hand reassuringly and I lean over and kiss him on the cheek.

----

We pull into the parking lot of the stadium. I look around in confusion.

"Ethan why are we at the stadium?" I look at him. He smirks.

Major concerts and events are held here. There isn't anything happening today so I don't know why we're here.

"You'll have to find out." He evilly grins.

I get out of the car skeptically and we walk up to the entrance. He holds my waist protectively and I look around. Literally no one is around. There are a bunch of security guards around the entrance and stuff but other than that, nobody.

We get inside and walk down to the front of the stage. In a few days there is a major concert playing. I just can't put my finger on who.

We sit in the front row and he has a huge smile plastered in his face.

"Can you tell me already?" I roll my eyes.

"God you're gonna flip. I can't believe I did this... So, my uncle knows some people and he got his friend to preform for just us today. He actually has a concert here soon." He explains and I search my memory for who's playing soon...

Something starts playing on the screen... It's... a Calvin Klein ad?

Oh my god.

My mouth drops open when the words display on the screen.

Purpose Tour.

I turn to Ethan with tears in my eyes.

"Are you fucking serious?" I manage to get out before tears start pouring out of my eyes. He hugs me to his chest and I sob.

Taylor loved Justin Bieber.

"Your uncle knows Justin Bieber?" I look up at him.

"My uncle knows Scooter Braun." He smiles.

"Ethan! I can't believe you did this!" I cry.

"Well, he had to practice today anyway so he said we could watch the rehearsal." He smiles and I hug him tighter.

Music starts playing.

"Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh..." A glass box rises from the stage and I throw my hand over my mouth.

"Mark my words...." Tears spill from my eyes and I look at Ethan. He's grinning. I pull him to me by his neck and smash my lips onto his. I pull away.

"I love you..." He whispers.

"I love you too." I whisper back and pull him in again for a kiss.