Chapter One

1944

Raven and Clara found a house. They were hungry and it was a big house, probably had a lot of food inside, so much that the owners wouldn't mind if they took some, right? They decided to break in. Raven, with her ability to transform into any being on the planet, transformed into a woman she saw in a picture that was hanging the kitchen wall. Clara hid behind the counter when she heard steps coming from the corridor. Just as Raven was reaching for the red apples in the fridge, a young boy entered the room.

"Mama!" He said. "Mother, what are you... I though you were a burglar!"

The boy spoke with a funny accent. Just like my sister , Raven though. He was certainly not from around here. Maybe he knew where Clara was from? She could ask him that. The woman in the picture was probably his mother, she realised, seeing as the young boy could also be seen in the frame.

"I didn't mean to scare you, darling," Raven tried to say, pretending to be his mother. She was trying her best to sound exactly like him and Clara. "I was just getting a snack, go back to bed."

The boy looked at her very strangely. He looked at his own mother's face like he didn't even know her.

"What's the matter," she asked hesitantly. She didn't want him to find out she wasn't really his mother. "Go on, back to bed," she repeated.

Seeing her attempt failing, she tried something else. She bent down, both hands on her knees and she said softly: "I'll make you hot chocolate!"

The boy looked at her even more suspicious than he was before. "Who are you? And what have you done with my mother?" He asked. Raven was confused. How did he know? How did he realise? No one had ever uncovered her before.

"My mother has never set foot in this kitchen in her life," said a voice inside Raven's head. She covered her ears with her two hands, trying to make it stop, but it didn't work. The voice was really inside her head. And she knew it was the boy's doing. She knew the boy was doing something to talk in her head. But... how? "Unless you count ordering the maid to do it." The boy finished.

Raven transformed back to her normal form. She was no more than a little girl, with blue skin and red hair. Charles just stared at her in amazement.

"You're not... Scared of me?" She asked. The boy shook his head and smiled.

"I always believed I couldn't be he only one in the world. The only person who was... Different," he announced, with real words now. "And here you are. But not alone," he said, turning to the counter. Charles saw a little girl, obviously younger than him, sticking her head out from behind the counter. Charles smiled and presented himself. "Charles Xavier," he said.

"Raven," the blue girl said.

"Clara," the little girl announced, smiling. Charles recognized the British accent. She was far from home. She had light-brown hair and opal eyes. Charles couldn't decide their colour. Blue? Green? A mix of the two, definetly.

He then suddenly seemed to realise something. "You are hungry. Take whatever you want," he said, gesturing to the fridge with a hand. "You don't have to steal. In fact, you never have to steal again."

1953

"I hate these girls walking around our house," Clara heard, though she didn't knew where it came from. She looked around. No one. She was scared. She was hearing voices in every corner of that house. Until one day, she decided to run away. Never to return to that house again. At least that's what she though.

1962

NIne years. It had been nine years since she last saw her old friend Charles. She didn't know how they were, until she heard from a friend of a friend that one called Charles Xavier was giving a graduation party. She couldn't not go. Even after running away, seven years ago, afraid of Charles' house, she had to go back, check if this was actually Charles, her Charles. Clara was old enough now, she wasn't a scared little girl anymore. How ironic it was, that Charles' party was being held on the same day as her seventeenth birthday.

ACTUAL DAY

"Come with me, then!" Clara said to her college roommate, Maya.

"You just canceled your birthday party to go to a bar," she reminded Clara. "I honnestly don't understand what is wrong with you," the girl told her.

Clara sighed. "Language," she said. "As you said, it's my birthday. So let me chose!"

Maya rolled her eyes and finally accepted. "Why do you wanna go to this bar so much? I don't know how the Britland works but in America you gotta be twenty-one to drink, sweetheart. You're barely seventeen."

"Frst of all... Britland? Seriously?" Clara raised her eyebrows at her. Maya shrugged, a ghost of a smirk on her face. "In England, you have to be 18, but that's not even why I want to go."

"Why, then, woman," Maya groaned, letting herself fall on her bed.

"Tonight it's... an old friend's graduation party," she explained.

"Friend or friend?" Maya asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Clara. The younger girl's cheeks heated up. Maya raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Really? Okay, fine, let's go to the bar. I've been trying to find you a boyfriend for ages!"

LATER THAT NIGHT

Charles was drunk. Raven usually didn't let him drink too much, because the man had pretty much no alcohol tolerance. But this was a special moment. Raven knew this graduation party meant a lot to him, specially because it was on the same day as Clara's birthday. She decided to let him enjoy this moment.

The bar's door opened, and Raven couldn't believe her eyes. a young girl with light brown hair and a beautiful light purple dress walked in. This looked exactly like... no, it couldn't be. Clara had left almost a decade ago. The girl finally locked eyes with her, and she smiled. Raven definitely recognised that smile. She walked to the girl.

"Missed me?" was all Clara needed to say. Raven let out a strangled sob, trying her best not to burst into tears. She hugged Clara for as long as she could. It even got a little awkward, since Clara's friend was looking at them, uncomfortably.

"How can you - I though you were gone forever," Raven admitted, pulling away from the hug.

"Well, here I am," Clara laughed softly.

Raven looked at her and smiled. "You still have your British accent," she noticed.

"It is a little bit hard to get rid of..." She smiled back. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," Raven answered. "Oh my god! Charles is next room."

Raven took her hand and pulled her towards Charles Xavier, who was drinking with some friends. Raven tapped his shoulder and he turned around. Oh, Charles, Clara thought. She had just now realised how much she had missed his electric blue eyes.

Charles' eyes fell upon the girl -- the woman in the purple dress in front of her and he frowned right before his eyebrows shot up in surprise and realisation. With a sort of high-pitched voice, he said:

"Clara?"