Chapter Three

"The advent of the nuclear age may have accelerated the mutation process. Individuals with extraordinary abilities may already be among us," concluded Charles, to the CIA agents, Raven and Clara.

"Thank you, professor," added Moira.

The agent that seemed to be their boss looked at Charles, then back at Moira. "MacTaggert, you really think that some crackpot scientist is going to make me believe in sparkly dames and vanishing men? You just bought yourself a one-way ticket back to the typing pool. This meeting is over."

Moira sighed and got up, getting ready to go, when Charles put his hand up. "Sit down, agent MacTaggert."

Moira sat and listened to what Charles had to say. "I didn't really expect you to believe me, given that all you could think about during my presentation was what sort of pie they were serving in the commissary."

The CIA agent frowned, he was confused. How could he know about that. Probably a lucky guess. Moira didn't understand anything anymore.

"It's apple pecan," Charles told him.

"Show off," Clara teased him telepathically. Charles turned towards her abruptly, he was definitely taken by surprise. He frowned, for he didn't know Clara was psychic. During their childhood, Clara couldn't really do much. Sometimes she would move stuff around, but telepathy? Maybe her power hadn't manifested until she hit puberty, but either way, why hadn't sensed her telepathic presence? Anyway; it was the first time he'd heard Clara using her telepathic powers. He decided to ignore it for now, then turned to Moira.

"I haven't been entirely honest with you, agent," Charles admitted. "I'm sorry," he apologised. "You see, one of the many spectacular things my mutation allows me to do is that I can read your mind." Charles articulated those three last words very carefully and slowly.

The CIA agent looked at him and smiled. "I've seen this before in a magic show. Are you going to ask is to think of a number between 1 and 1000, now?" He teased. Charles Xavier smiled back.

"No, agent Stryker," Charles began. "Although, I could ask you about your son, William, who you were thinking about, which is very nice. But I think I'd rather ask you about the Jupiter missiles America is currently placing in Turkey."

Agent Stryker got up, in shock. He hit his fist against the table and angrily screamed. "He's a goddamn spy! You brought a goddamn spy into this facility!" He said, pointing at Agent MacTaggert, while she was shaking her head.

Agent Stryker was about to call security when Clara stood up and, with a flick of her hand, the phone flew across the room. Some agents just stared at her in awe, along with Charles, actually believing what they'd said. Everyone else was panicking and yelling at each other, when Raven got up and, with her mutation, turned into Agent Stryker. The room suddenly fell silent.

"How's that for a magic trick?" Asked Clara.

A guy sit behind agent Stryker got up and said: "the best I've ever seen."

After all that, they found themselves on a boat. A boat going towards Russia. Raven, Charles, Clara and a bunch of CIA agents. It was really calm.

Charles sat besides his friend Clara. Now sober, he started to question things. That's when he started actually asking them to her.

"Why?" He started.

"Why what?"

"Why did you run away?" He asked. Clara could hear his heart, breaking apart.

"I started hearing voices. I only knew about my telekinesis, so I though I was going nuts," she answered. Charles could see that she regretted actually leaving. "Also, your mother didn't like me there," she added casually.

Charles turned to her, with a frown upon his face. "What do you mean she didn't like you, how do you know that?"

"As I said, I started hearing voices," she repeated. "Charles, I didn't know I was telepathic until I turned twelve," she said as softly as possible.

"But you should have came back. After you found out. I could have helped you," Charles explained. "You should have."

"But I had school. And friends," she told him hesitantly. Deep down, Charles knew it was a lie, but he decided to ignore it. "I couldn't just leave. So I promised myself that I would come back to see you, just not yet."

"I see," Charles started. He was going to add something, but they felt something weird. Like a presence, somehow. They got up and went to see what was going on.

They got next to Moira, who was looking at the water. "They were in that boat," she said, as she pointed at a blown-up boat.

"And?" Clara asked. "Where are them?"

"In a submarine."

Charles looked worried. "How many people in that submarine?"

Moira didn't understand. What would that change? "What?"

He turned to her and, very seriously, said: "How. Many. People."

"Eh... 3, I think. Why?"

"There are four people there," said Clara, finally realising why Charles was that shook up.

"There's someone in the water!" Charles ran to the other side of the big boat. "GET OUT OF THE WATER!!!" He screamed towards the water.

"Charles!" Screamed Raven, seeing him, jumping to the water. They looked at the submarine, which wasn't moving, for some reason. And suddenly, it did. When the boat was moving away, Charles got out of the water, holding another man.

"Who's that?!" Asked Moira.

"Erik Lennsherr," said Clara. Raven and Moira turned to her, asking themselves how the hell did she know that.

Clara concentrated on listening to what Erik and Charles were saying.

"Calm down, just breathe," Charles said to the man. "We're here!!!" He screamed.

"Who are you?" Asked Erik. He was hyperventilating. Which Clara thought was very dangerous, since they were trying to float in the middle of the pacific.

"My name is Charles Xavier"

"You were in my head! How did you do it?!" Asked Erik. Little did he know that someone else was inside his head, now.

"You have your tricks, I have mine. I'm just like you, just calm your mind!"

"I thought I was alone," Erik announced, panting.

"You are not alone, Erik. You are not alone."