Chapter Ten

By the morning, Charles and the rest of their crew were sitting in a resting room. While Clara was reading a book, Charles and the others were watching the television seeing the news of the new war between the Russians and Americans.

"Let's do this," said Charles. Clara took her eyes off her book and looked at him, with an worried look. But inside, she was happy they would finally do something about it. So they were to Hank's lab to search for him, since he hadn't been seen since last night.

When they arrived, there was a sign, written 'meet me at the garage'. Charles slowly opened the door and they saw the mess this lab was. Chairs and tables broken in two, paper everywhere... and in the back of the lab, a box. More like a chest, but totally metal. Charles opened it and there they were: everyone's suits. Hank had made special suits that went with each person's powers.

"Hank has been busy," mocked Erik, who then received a look from Clara.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Asked Sean.

"As none of us mutated to endure extreme G-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up," said Charles. Strangely, even if she trusted Hank completely, she didn't completely trust his suits. She had a bad feeling about this.

All suited up, they were waiting for Hank, their pilot, in the garage. After some minutes of waiting, Raven started to get impatient.

"Where's Hank?" She annoyingly asked.

"I'm right here," they heard a voice saying. They looked towards the source of the voice and saw a monkey shaped figure approaching them.

"Hank?" Asked Charles. As Hank gets closer, they can see that it is actually him, only transformed into a blue... hairy... thing?

Hank looked at Raven. "It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work." He said. It was very vague, but Raven knew what he was talking about.

"Yes it did, Hank," she said. "Don't you see? This is what you were meant to be. This is you. No more hiding."

Of course, Erik had to add something. And referring to Hank's new form, he said. "Never looked better, man." Suddenly, Hank takes Erik by his throats and lifts him up, strangling him.

"Hank," said Charles as a warning shot. Seeing that Hank wasn't letting go of her fiend, Clara had to interfere.

"Hank!" She said. Hank immediately let him go.

"Don't mock me," said Hank, in an angry tone.

"I wasn't," sincerely said Erik, massaging his throat.

Finally, someone broke the uncountable silence that had been placed. "Even I gotta admit, you look pretty bad-ass. I think I got a new name for you," Alex said. "Beast."

***

They sat down at their places and belted up. Clara took Charles' hand and held it strongly as the plane started going up.

"What is wrong, love?" Asked Charles inside her head.

"I hate planes." She said back.

"Do not worry, I'll be right here with you."

Their ship got up and they were flying safely when Charles got up to try and mind read the Russian and American crew on their ships. After trying some times, he wasn't able to detect anyone from this far. From the front or their plane, Charles called for Clara.

"Clara, love. Come here," he said. It took her sometime to get there. She had to make sure she wasn't still blushing from the way Charles had called her.