Promise me

Npov

This was the perfect night. I didn't think his surprise would be this good! Plus I found out will is gay! How amazing is that? My crush just happens to be gay too! I couldn't believe it.

But eventually I became tired and so was will, so we landed, got the knick knack back and then went back to the infirmary. Will was going to sleep in the infirmary too tonight and I was perfectly happy with that. Because I have nightmares every once in a while I want will to be there in case I have one. He could help.
As soon as my head hit the pillow I became half asleep. I wasn't fully asleep so I could still hear and feel everything around me.
"Goodnight sunshine" I heard will say. Then I felt him kiss my cheek. Then someone else entered the room.
"So how is Nico doing?" Said the doctor who just walked in.I assumed will would say the usual: he's doing fine or getting better. But no. Will has been hiding from me.
"Julius and Cameron completely hurt him, and not just physically. Whenever he sees them he has this fear in his eyes! And I've never seen any fear so bad before! At first I thought it was because of them physically hurting him but I think it's more mentally...you see he keeps a list of all the names they've called him. And there are a lot and I can tell it hurts him to remember all the things they've called him."said will.
"Do you think it had anything to do with his family, too?" Asked the other Doctor.
"I don't know...they were bullying him earlier but as soon as they mentioned his family he stood up for himself. I saw the flicker of fear in Cameron's eyes. He needs to be able to stand up for himself because what he doesn't know is they are afraid of him, but they don't tell him and...I feel like I can't tell him either...should I? It might stop the bullying and I hate seeing him hurt..." Will said.
"No! He needs to learn by himself! Don't tell him!" Said the other Doctor.
"Are you sure?" Will said
"Completely. Trust me. What would Ann have done?"
"She would have...listened to you...she loved you..." Will burst into tears.
"Shhhhh....it's okay....your okay...you will see Ann again someday...and how about you tell Nico about Ann? He would probably be able to help with what he's been through and can do and stuff..." Said the other Doctor.
"Why did she have to die, Kayla" so Kayla was the other doctors name.
"I don't know, will, I don't know...." Kayla said.
"Should I tell Nico? About his condition, I mean? I am not telling him about Ann because of stress so shouldn't I keep his condition a secret too?"
"Yeah don't add more stress than he needs. He already has the stress of a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend, and having a date at all, and bullies...."
This is when I went to sleep fully, and could no longer hear them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had nightmares.
I was running. Run run run.dont stop. They were catching up.
"Go away!" I yelled. They kept coming.
They caught up and suddenly will was there too, holding me, not letting me run. I was crying. Please, let go will! He didn't let go. I took kick after kick and punch after punch, but will didn't let go. Then last second he stepped in front of me, taking the punches.
"Nico, keep pulling! keep resisting! DONT LET GO! Stay with me, Nico, okay? Stay with me!" But then will took the beating. He was hit over and over, and he soon passed out. I screamed with every hit but will had fallen on top of me when he passed out so i couldn't Protect him. I kept screaming.
Then i heard will say, "its okay,nico. Its okay."
"No! Will! It is not okay! your hurt, maybe dying!"
"No im not, nico, it was a dream, okay, open your eyes,okay?"
I whimpered, but opened my eyes.
"See? It was just a dream. Its okay." Will said.
I looked at the clock. It was one in the morning. He got up at one in the morning to sooth me?
"Will? if Cameron and Julius are hurting me physically again dont protect me okay?" I said
"Nico, i have to!"
"No. Will promise me."
"No. I refuse."
"Will, please! You have to promise me! I...i...will show everyone the video of you singing if you dont promise!"
"Okay go ahead and show everybody because im not promising!" I started to cry.
"Will!"
"Im not going to promise nico!"
"Will please I'll do anything!"
"I dont care! Im not promising!" He was screaming at me now.
I got out of bed and started walking towards the shadowy wall.
Will realized what i was going to do.
"Nico! No!" He yelled and grabbed my arm, in the exact same place as he did before he stepped in front of me couple days ago.
I havent had these flashbacks in so long, i thought they went away but apparently not, as i was going into one, and once im in,i have to wait until the end of the memory to get out.i watched myself look at the death car, saw my reaction to will, cameron, and julius looking for me, i saw will holding me while julius and cameron catch up. I saw the fear in my eyes. Will was right. I do look really scared. I saw myself crying as they hit me over and over again. I saw will in shock, paralized with fear for what would happen to me, i saw me barely pulling, unable to pull hard. Then i saw will jump in front of me. I screamed. Then the memory ended and i was back with will in the infirmary, crying and screaming. Its a good thing no one else had to stay overnight. I would have woken them up.
Will was hugging me and saying "i promise, its okay i promise, nico its okay, im okay, nobody's hurt, your okay."
He promised! I'm okay because he promised!
"Why didn't you tell me you have flashbacks like that?" He asked, a little concerned looking.
"I thought they stopped..."
"Nico...I went with you into your flashback....Im sorry that I held on to you when you needed me to let go. I was just shocked that my own half brothers could be so mean! And then I held you there so you couldn't run! I'm worse than them! But I'm so sorry Nico! I didn't realize what I did at the time but now I do and I just so sorry!" He burst into tears.
"Will, it's okay! You didn't know! you thought they were my friends! You aren't like them because they aren't sorry! They would do it a million times over and not feel a speck of guilt! Will, I love you!"
"Why? Why would you love me when I almost get you killed several times within the past few days?!?"
"Because its the good moments! The air balloon ride! Did you know you were the first person to make me laugh since Bianca's death? And do you know how you did that? By being you!"
Will was crying now.
"Did you know you were the first person to make me genuinely happy since Ann's death?"
"How did she die?" I asked quietly.
"A house fire. She didn't get out quick enough."
And we sat there in silence until morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Breakfast!" Will told me.
He showed me two trays: one with pancakes, bacon, and sausage, and the other one with fruit, eggs, and toast.
"What do you want to eat?"he asked.
I took some fruit, toast, and sausage.
He took toast, pancakes, and bacon.
"So what do you want to do today?" He asked.
"I've got a game we can play!"
"What is it called?"
"Mythomagic!"
"Hmmm...I've never heard of it."
"Okay, I'll teach you how to play!"