a): The Description

When introducing new characters, it is necessary you don't do cliché, perfect features, or describe the same features of every single character such as "his lips were red, his eyes green, and his hair blonde. Amelia's hair was blonde, her lips pink, and her eyes blue."

Leave out some details, like the sharpness of his/her nose, the length of his/her hair, ect.

Bad example: 'Kylie's hair was chin length and red, her eyes almond brown, her nose long and sharp, and her lips full and bubble gum pink. Her body was beautiful and slim, with no pudge, and her chin was pointed and mouse shaped.'

Bad example 2: 'I slipped my hot pink shorts over my size zero waste, and brushed my perfect, blonde hair behind my shoulder. In the mirror, my sparkling blue eyes stared back at my perfect face, small nose, and red, full lips.'

Good example: 'Theresa's hair was wavy and red. Her eyes were chocolate brown, and freckles dotted her nose and cheeks."

Good example 2: 'I tucked my Raven black hair behind my ear, and leaned in to look at myself in the mirror. My large, blue eyes stared back at me, my thin lips set in a grimace.'

Description is everything. But try not to describe every single background character.