Wonderland

"Didn't they tell us don't rush into things?
Didn't you flash your green eyes at me?
Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?"

The first months were great.

We spent most of our time talking to each other on the phone, and hanging out at your flat. Some days, we would spend all day talking about life, and others, we would just relax and spent it on our computers, right by each other.

Whenever we met up with friends, they couldn't stop talking about happy we looked.

"You make such a great couple! You're made for each other"
"You look very happy together. I'm glad Zoe introduced you guys"

Even Phil looked happy for you, and that was saying something. He knew all you've been through and how long it had taken you to meet someone.

And to be honest, we both were doing really great.

Your channel seemed to be growing faster than ever, and people seemed to notice how happy you looked in your recent videos.

And me, I was named head of my department, and my boss congratulated me about how good I was performing at work.

We both seemed happy.  My panic attacks seemed to stop and you finally were able to sleep a decent amount of time each night.

In that period, I truly felt like this was right. I stopped asking myself whether I was making a good choice and if I was ready for a relationship. I started feeling like we could actually do this and make it last.

Sadly, nothing lasts forever. And neither did this.

But if I could go back, and live those months again, Daniel, I swear I would.