Rock Bottom

"Someone in the bar keeps looking at us dancing
I see him staring at me
I see what he wants to be"

One week.

No calls, no texts, nothing.

Just Phil asking repeatedly what happened between us.

And truthfully, not even I know.

But I wasn't going to die waiting for you. Not anymore.

The club is crowded and everyone is dancing. My friends convinced me to have a drink with them, and after a few rounds I'm tipsy as hell.

I find my way through the crowd and eventually end up in the dance floor.

My head feels loose, so I just move to the beat while I start to forget about everything that may bother me.

A guy comes up to me and starts talking. The music is loud and he's cute, and no, he doesn't remind me of you. His hair is blonde and his eyes are green.

He seems really charming , so I don't hesitate when he tries to kiss me.

Hours go by. We continue chatting. The music has slowed down and almost everyone has left.

He asks me if I want to go to his place, and smirks when I nod.

My friends complain when I try to leave. You're not aware of your decisions. You need to go home.

I head to my apartment after saying goodbye to him. My energy starts to decay while I'm on the train, so when I arrive home I immediately search for my bed.

And just before I fall asleep, I think of you.