Downpour

"Did you ever love her? Do you know?
Or did you never want to be alone?"

After a few weeks, everything seemed to change.

- I told you to leave me alone!

- You always say that, Dan! Why can't we talk about our feelings and solve this like a normal couple? Why do you have to make this difficult?

- You know, from every single person I know, I thought you'll be the one to understand what I'm going through.

- I do Dan, trust me, I try, but this always happens! Can you make up your damn mind for once?

- If you can't tolerate me then leave. No one ever stays anyway.

You had me at that phrase. You knew you would hit my nerves when you say that. Even I knew you made it on purpose.

And still, I stayed. Mental illnesses are the worst and I knew it, which is why I would always take care of you every single time.

Even if that left me heartbroken and enraged.

This was a never ending cycle. We fought, we made up. We were good until something came up and one of us decided to blame the other. This went on for a good part of our relationship.

Until I had enough.

Nothing would make me forget your face after I left you that night. Walking away from you was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Still, we couldn't continue like this. Not anymore.

-