Chapter 1- Leaving Is Not Always The Best.

Word count- 1154
*-*

I hate this feeling. Why is it always me?

No. Stop it Gabi.

People cheat. It's okay.

"Are you okay?" He asks, a little fear in his eyes.

I'm not going to shout at him.

"Yes. Good bye, Evan" I stand up placing $10 on the table for my milkshake.

"No. Gabi listen, I have a reason. I was told to-" I roll my eyes walking out of the coffee shop, wearing my glasses on, as he follows me.

"Baby lis-" I stop and turn to him.

"Evan, I'm not a baby. I'm a 23 years old woman. I saw you with her, fucking like this was the end of the world. I understand. You have needs. Don't worry about me" I pat his cheek, as he looks at me dumbfounded.

"Bu-" I shake my head, and walk towards my driver.

"Let's go Adam" I mumble, as he opens the door for me.

I sit inside, closing the door behind me.

"All set, m'am?" I nod and he pulls out of the parking lot.

"You don't have anything to do today. But your parents want you home, miss" he says and I nod.

"Just take me home please" he nods, doing a U turn in the road.

I take my glasses off, rubbing my eyes.

I need a drink.
I've read that it helps to forget things. But then you get a fucking hangover in the morning.

I can live with that.

Why would Evan do that? I gave him everything I could. Except sex.

I would show up in his office for dinner, and then we would go home and spend the day together. He would obviously go home, because we don't live together.

He was perfect for me. I never wanted something big. Just someone who would make me happy. And he did. But I must have done something to make him cheat, right?

Sex.

Is sex everything for guys? I understand they have needs, but girls have needs as well. You don't see me cheating on him just because I have sexual frustration.

"Miss? We're here" Adam calls, opening the door for me.

I get out of the car, smiling at him, slightly, before running up the steps to the mansion.

It was huge. Well it is called a mansion for a reason. But it was what my parents dreamed of.

We would drive by huge houses, when we were younger, and my dad would always say, 'this will be ours one day. One day everything will fall into place' and it did. 10 years ago.

"You tend to space out a lot" I hear my younger sister, Aubrey, say.

I look at her, as she opens the door further for me.

"Morning" I fake a smile, walking inside.

"There's nothing really to smile about, after you hear this" she mumbles walking into the living room.

I look around, noticing the 5 chandeliers leading up to the spiral staircase.

Nothing has changed.

"Gabrielle!" Mom calls.

"Yes mother?" I walk inside, sitting down on the brown leather sofa, opposite them.