Autumn.

Prologue ~ Autumn.

Autumn.

The time of year when things change. The leaves spring from trees in shades of red and orange—sometimes gold. The temperature slopes and days grow shorter. It's the time of year when everything changes.

It's my favorite time of year.

Or maybe it's simply the word, Autumn, that makes me love this time so much. It's a beautiful word with an even prettier counterpart and her name was Autumn Parker.

Autumn Parker, the woman who stole my heart and then broke it into a thousand pieces.

Autumn, the woman who brought me to Makinsey Park every year. Autumn, the woman who was to be the mother of my child, the apple of my eye. Autumn the woman who brought out a truer me than there had ever been before, and the woman who, even after passing, still managed to take care of me.

My Autumn.

Autumn, both a season and a woman.

Autumn, the best time of my life.

The time of year when I met her, when I lost her, and eventually when I met him.

Harry.

Harry, a man so full of life and love that being drawn to him was as natural as being drawn to the oxygen in the air. His gentle spirit surrounded everyone who came into his presence it was truly breathtaking to behold. His heart so big that it was impossible to escape and a smile so wide that even I found myself smiling along.

Harry, a simple name for a very extrodinary person.

And for me, Niall Horan, a light at the end of my dark tunnel.

For everything special happens when Autumn comes and the leaves begin to fall once more.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 7/17/19

~ Annette