(7) Endings

Chapter Seven ~ Endings

Everything has an ending. 

It's not even the fact that endings are bad, it's just the cold hard truth really; everything ends. A movie ends, a book ends, a friendship ends, a season ends, and even a life ends. It's just a way of life, it's one of those known facts, it's common knowledge. Everything will end, it doesn't have to be today or tomorrow, but eventually it will end. 

It's now November, and with November comes the end of autumn. I don't normally enjoy this time of the year but lately I haven't even noticed as the time passed by. I've been so busy between work and the band that the days have just melted away. It's been quite the month, and we've gained a bit of a following as of late. It's not too big but we do have a group of about twenty or thirty people who always come and see us preform at The Jolly Wagon. It's nice to have people supporting us, and I can't help but feel so humbled by it all. We were given the prime time spot for the first time tonight. We used to be the band that went on when everyone was way past drunk but tonight we're starting right at eight. I'm nervous, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. 

"Niall, how are you so damn calm?!" Harry groaned as we were seated—or well I was seated—in my living room. He had come over about twenty minutes ago as an attempt to get his mind off tonight. So far all he'd done since getting here was focus on tonight, so I didn't exactly see how it was helping. 

"Um...I don't know?" I shrugged as I did my best to view the score on the television while Harry paced back and forth in front of it. 

"That's really very helpful Ni, please do tell me your ways." Harry mumbled bitterly, causing me to chuckle. 

"Harry, why exactly are you freaking out so much?" His green eyes snapped to me within a second and it looked like he was a bit nervous. He stared at me for a minute before shaking his head and continuing with his pacing. “Ugh, Styles, I’m trying to watch a game ya know?”

He simply waved me off before stalking over to my kitchen and messing around in there. I would have been a bit nervous had it been any of the other lads because whenever they entered my kitchen they left it looking like a war zone. Harry though, he always ended up making my kitchen look twice as nice as it usually was the last time I had been in there. He would cook something, and well that was a plus for sure, and then once whatever he was making was baking he would start deep cleaning every single surface he could lay his hands on. It was almost like a ritual or something for him. 

“Make something good would ya?” I called out, before focusing back on the game. I was enjoying the solitude, but sadly that only lasts so long on Friday nights. It’s like my flat is the main meeting for the band or some shit like that.

“Niall! What’s the score mate?” Louis yelled as he entered my flat with a bang. He’d finally taken to using his ‘emergency key’ after that little incident a month ago. He also began showing up on time, so I would have to say it was worth all the tears shed.

“Two to three, Derby’s winning, the fuckers.” I grumbled out as Louis took a seat beside me on the sofa.

“ ‘Course they are.” Louis mumbled as well, before he heard a couple bangs from the kitchen. “Styles cooking again?”

“Aye.”

“I hope he makes his muffins, those are so damn good.” Louis patted his stomach in appreciation while I rolled my eyes at him.

“Louis don’t be so God damned selfish.” I slapped him in the stomach, but he just grunted in response.

It wasn’t long before Zayn and Liam were inside my flat as well. We were all sitting back and relaxing while Harry was slaving away in the kitchen (he was making muffins) and when the game finished I simply picked up my guitar. We were trying something a little different tonight. Most nights we focused on slow Indie songs but tonight we were going to pay homage to a band we had met a few weeks back. John was a very interesting person and singing some of their songs was sure to be fun, but first we had to narrow it down. Narrowing down a set list from over thirty options and only picking five was so damn difficult. Having five people picking songs though, well that was interesting so we simply decided that we each got to pick one song.