Chapter 2: React to Fitz and Dex

"Guess what I just found guys!" Keefe ran into the room where Sophie, Fitz, Dex, and Biana were all eating Oreos. 

"Okay, so you know how there's a bunch of books about us?" he asked. 

"Yeah we've been over this," Sophie said. "You guys can't read them since they're from my point of view."

"I swear I didn't read them," Keefe said, then winked at Dex. "But I was looking at fandom things on Tumblr and Wattpad, and I found something amazing."

Sophie's cheeks went red. "You can't read that either! It might say something I don't want you guys to know about me!"

"Keeping secrets Foster? Anyway you can relax, this isn't about you." 

"What is it?" Biana asked. 

"Okay everyone, can I get a drumroll please?" Keefe asked. Biana raised her hands a little, but then realized no one else was doing anything. 

"Come on, you guys," Keefe pouted. "This is big news." 

"Just tell us already or I'm going to read your thoughts!" Sophie threatened. 

"No need to go breaking the laws of telepathy Foster. Anyway my announcement is," Keefe gave himself a drumroll. "Dex and Fitz are a ship!"

"Really Keefe?" Sophie asked. "We don't need to talk about ships, it'll make it awkward."

"You just want to avoid talking about our ship, Foster." Keefe winked. 

"Why would me and Dex be a ship?" Fitz asked, finally speaking. "We're just friends."

"Have you seen the internet?" Sophie asked. "Actually, nevermind, I don't want you to. But there are tons of ships for friends, especially best friends. Like there's Phan for two youtubers Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil."

"Well, humans are weird," Fitz said. 

"Elves are too!" Sophie retorted. "Just look at Iggy and tell me he's normal."

They all looked over at Iggy, who was snuggled in Biana's lap with his most recent colorful hairdo. 

Biana pulled Iggy closer to her. "Iggy's not weird! He's perfectly fine."

"Wait," Dex said. "Sophie, you said people usually ship best friends. Does that mean Keefe and Fitz are a ship also?"

Keefe pretended to barf. "Maybe, but that seems gross. Sorry buddy, but I don't think you're as handsome as Foster does."

Sophie's blushed. 

"It's just the internet and other people we don't know. That doesn't mean any of these ships have to actually happen. I don't like either of you like that," Fitz said.

Keefe snickered, "Yeah right Fitz, I know you like me, no one can resist." 

"I really don't," Fitz responded. 

"You keep telling yourself that," Keefe said. 

Mr. Forkle entered the room. "You kids really do have the weirdest conversations."