7: Holidays

Side pic is Ava played by Adelaide Kane

Ava's pov

It was 3 days before Christmas and I was a little sad to bid farewell to all my friends. I knew I was going to have a fantastic Christmas with Dumbledore and McGonagall but it always more fun celebrating things with people your own age. Even though I never celebrated Christmas with the rest of my family, Isaac and I would exchange a couple gifts while locked at the top floor of our house. My parents would always throw a hug party and they just new we would ruin their time if we attended.

I just wish I had Isaac with me to share the experience of my first Christmas with magic.

Alice was spending her first Christmas away from her family, with Frank. Since Frank is an only child, his parents wanted him to have someone to hang out with in Spain, and so they invited Alice along. It was all she could talk about for the past month and I was genuinely excited for her. I knew it would be great for her to really get to know Frank's family and more about Frank, even if they had been dating for quite some time. I would miss her greatly.

Lily was of course spending time with her muggle parents and, unfortunately, as she put it, her sister Petunia. Gloria was going on a long trip down to Tanzania where her aunts and uncles all still live and Julee was going back to her home, Italy, to spend Christmas with her parents and 2 older sisters.

Peter was going home to his mother, father and younger sister Lucy, (which I was thrilled to hear because Peter and Lucy are Narnia characters) who is 10 years old. Remus was spending Christmas at his grandparents house along with his parents and James was just with his parents, Sirius as well.

Even though it had been months since Halloween, I still haven't talked to Sirius much. Every so often we would find ourselves abandoned by all of our friends and left alone, but Sirius would always make up some silly excuse like "I need to go talk to Erica" or "Chantal wanted to see me, bye" or most commonly "that group of girls over there awaits my presence".

School has been amazing, all the teachers truly know what they are doing and how to make magic interesting. Or maybe it's just because I'm muggle born, and that's why it's so intriguing. One of our last DADA lessons, Velorina Tempest was brought up.

~Flashback 4 Days~

"The three Unforgivable Curses are....?" Professor Merrythought asked. Peter's hand flew up, to all of our surprise. He's usually very quiet in all of our classes. "Crutiatus Curse" he squeaked out, confidently. "Yes very good! Anyone else?" A blonde Ravenclaw in the back who I knew was Sirius's girlfriend a couple months ago answered "The Imperius Curse". Professor Merrythought beamed, "and the last one?" Gloria raised her hand and answered "the Killing Curse".

The classroom got a little quieter and more serious. "Yes very good everyone. These curses are unforgivable for a reason and you will find yourself in Azkaban prison before you can say Pumpkin Juice if you preform them. Now, these curses are most often recited by followers of you know who and Aurors are constantly on top of them. Today we will be learning more about the duty of Aurors and the most common spells to fight of Dangerous Wizards and Witches". And excited murmur spread through the room. "This is the coolest thing ever! I am pumped" Alice say enthusiastically. "I know right! This is going to be great!" I respond, thrilled. You see, ever since the passing of Isaac, I've been thirsting to know more about defence against the most evil witches and wizards.