1: The Smith's

Ava-Marie's Pov

I hear Father's whistle blow. I dash into the foyer of my house and stand in my position. After 30 seconds, 9 of my siblings and I are standing in a row. Not including number 11, Mary-Ellen, who's only a few months old. Blonde like all the rest. Even my Twin Connor is blonde.

"Alright, Carly-Anne(14), Shae-Lynn (17) and Jacob(13), you are on table and chairs duty. Jeremiah(16) and Connor (15), you are on cutlery and table cloth duty. Rosa-Linda(11) and Anna-Beth(9), you girls are on candle and flower duty. Isaac(12) and Ava-Marie (That's me! Who's 15!), you are on you are on floor duty" my father announces. Yes my parents were weird with naming us.

I groan. You guessed it! Were hosting another ball. My siblings all snicker at me and Isaac. Father hates us the most. Me, because I'm different from my family and Isaac because he is totally hilarious.

"Gracie-May,(4) you can go with your mother. To pick out dresses" My fathers added. Gracie skipped out of the large foyer, her blonde curls bouncing behind her.

Isaac and I head over to the broom closet to get out the mops and water buckets. Floors are the hardest chore. We both sigh and start mopping.

___________________________

Three hours later, the floor looks shiny new and perfect for dancing. I'm also laughing really hard because Isaac is dancing with the mop singing 'All by Myself', really loud.

I don't notice my mother coming in.

That night Isaac and I went to bed with bleeding hands, faces and backs from my parents whips. I need to get out of this hell hole.

Every time Isaac or I laugh, dance, sing, joke, play and pretty much everything fun, we get whipped.

The marks sting all night and I can't go to sleep.

Suddenly I get a burst if hope. Tomorrow is the last day of school! No more dumb Rebecca and Kara! No more stupid Liam or Danny! Everyone in my school thinks that they are the best people alive. And that the only thing that matters is sports and dating. My siblings (not Isaac) included. Urg. Even my teachers act as though they are the most superior people existing.

That night I have a strange dream.

The 3rd child to be born will be an outsider.

Not only different by looks, but by heart and humility.

Venturing out into the unknown she will discover things that many could not find.

And find things that many would never discover.

When the cherry blossoms bloom and the rain falls no more the quest shall start....

The start of a quest.....

And be the one to change the hearts of those who have turned to darkness.

Those who thirst something more....

Shall be satisfied with the 3rd born....

The 3rd born.....

The 3rd born......

The woman's voice echoed through my head. I never really thought about my dreams, well, because they're called dreams for a reason. They usually don't mean anything. That's why they happen inside your head. My parents imprinted to into my brain. Nothing that happens inside your head is real.

___________________________

Walking down the hallways of Richardson High School is a nightmare. Every corner you turn, you see couples making out in "secret" corners, creepy guy gangs talking in code language about things that frankly, I don't want to know. When the girls aren't making out with people, they huddle in small groups whispering and giggling, sometimes stopping, looking at me, then bursting into giggles again. At those times it's not hard to guess who they were talking about.