13: The Perks of Pleasant Mothers

GUYS I WAS TWELVE YEARS OLD WHEN I STARTED WRITING THIS STORY. I AM NOW 16. AND I AM ONLY ON CHAPTER 13 BAHAHAHA.

Ava's pov

"I was totally right," Alice smirked, from our seats in the Great Hall. 

I was sitting across from James who was purposely  and repetitively kicking me in the shin, making my mood a little more annoyed than it already was with all the student of Hogwarts pestering me with questions about my siblings. Alice was seated to my right, twirling her fettuccini Alfredo with her fork.

"What were you right about?" I sighed, waiting for another comment on my siblings. It had been 8 days since they arrived.
"Amos Diggory likes you."

I sat bolt straight up, spitting out my pumpkin juice. James burst into laughter, and I realized that my once-in-my-mouth pumpkin juice was all over Remus's face. 

My hand flew to my mouth, trying to suppress a giggle. 

"Oops! Sorry Remus!" I flashed my pearly whites in his direction, trying to swipe away the pumpkin remnants smothered all over his face, only making it worse. Remus scrunched his nose up and out his hand, queuing me to stop.

"I'll be back," he sighed, speed walking in the direction of the Gryffindor common room. 

Since Remus was sitting to my left, and Sirius was next to him, Sirius slid over, occupying Remus's old spot.

"Okay back to what you were saying Alice?" James smirked, causing a red hot glare from me in his direction.

"Well according to sources, also known as me, he has been staring at you periodically throughout the whole meal! Also yesterday he purposely dropped his pile of parchment paper next to you to see if you'd help him pick it up, which you rudely didn't"

I rolled my eyes recalling that moment. Amos Diggory was a popular, good looking, Hufflepuff boy who had just recently broken up with his gorgeous Slytherin girlfriend. It was of course an absolute scandal that a Hufflepuff was dating a Slytherin at first, but then everyone got used to them because they were absolutely adorable together. Last week he broke up with her out of nowhere, very publicly as well. Alice was convinced it was because of me that caused the break up.

"Don't be ridiculous Alice. Nobody could go from a Slytherin to a Gryffindor. That's just.....weird!"

Sirius leaned forward, flicking his black curls to the side.

"Actually, one time in a course of three weeks, I dated a Gryffindor, then a Slytherin, then another Gryffindor! It's quite common!"

I rolled my eyes once again at Sirius's annoying comments about all the girls he had dated. It has been three months since the embarrassing encounter with him at James's house. James at first continued to wave the picture of us curled up with each other, sleeping, in our faces. But then, Sirius got really annoyed and started to go out with a million other girls, so James stopped. I really thought that Sirius was starting to change. I honestly thought he liked me a little bit, and it was no lie that I thought he was probably the most attractive boy at Hogwarts, but he continued to brush me aside for girls who were actually in his league, which I am not. No that it mattered because I would never want to be with him and all the history he had with my girl classmates.

"Yes Sirius, but that's you. Nobody else would do that," James pointed out.

"Touché" Sirius responded, sending a wink in my direction. I concentrated extremely hard on Peter shovelling Brussels sprouts in his mouth in order to not blush, even though he was winking about another girl.