10: The Love of Family

I made a new cover! I hope you guys like it :)

Sirius's PoV

I awoke with a bright flash in my eyes, causing in immediate headache.

 "Well, well, well. Lookie what we have here. And why wasn't I invited to this fun party? Oh yes because I, James Potter, am never a third wheel."

My eyes fluttered open and I looked to my left to see Ava's delicate body steadily breathing, still asleep. "It's not what it looks like James." I sighed, not able to sit up due to Ava's head resting on my chest. "She was scared last night because of the horror movie you insisted on bringing her to" James rolled his eyes. "She came in at like, 2am. I wasn't going to send her back to her bed mate, that's not a gentleman move. Plus I was on the floor for most of the time! I only moved here a couple hours ago, because no offence, you're floors are harder than a 12 foot Potions essay." James shook his head, clucking his tongue.

"Well, at least I got an adorable picture of the two of you." He replied, flashing his pearly whites, revealing a moving picture of Ava and I peacefully sleeping, and I had to admit, it was pretty adorable. Oi, I've got to stop saying that word! It's not a word that I use!

"Oh and by the way, since when were you a gentleman? I thought that you liked having, what, 3 girlfriends at a time?" I glared at him, making him put up his hands in surrender. "Hey, I'm just stating the facts. You literally broke up with that hufflepuff girl from the Halloween party like, 2 weeks ago."

That was true, right before Christmas break, I called it off with this hot blonde girl because 1.we'd only been together 1 week and it was the most boring week in my life, and 2. she was actually kind of rude and made fun of other girls.

"I guess you're right" I said.

James scoffed, "she was actually Ravenclaw Sirius, I was just seeing if you'd notice my mistake. See? You don't even remember!" He exclaimed.

I groaned, lecturing myself to pay more attention to my girlfriends house. "And no offence mate, but I'm really close with Ava. She's super down to earth and I'd trust her with my life. She's kind, considerate and wouldn't hurt a fly. Just try and compare her to your other girlfriends and really think about her - is she really your type?"

OF COURSE SHE'S MY TYPE, MY TYPE IS GORGEOUS GIRLS, my brain screamed. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew I wasn't right for Ava. James was right about her, and I am opposite of everything she is. She doesn't deserve me, she deserves someone who has a good past and is kind and caring. I just wished I could be that person.

I supposed by my sad expression, James could tell that my mood was taking a trip downhill. "Don't sorry mate, you'll find the perfect girl for you. You have girls falling at your feet, there's bound to be one that's truly worth your while." Apparently he thought that would make me feel better.

I spoke, "And how do you know that Lily's the perfect one for you? She yells at you, calls you names and I've literally never seen her smile at you." James gave me the look, then sighed. 

"To be honest, I don't think she's the one for me. I think Remus is going to win the bet against Ava, about if me and Lily will end up together. She does hate me and I agree with everything you say. I can always have hope though. And I guess you can to." That part made me feel a little better, but not really.

All of the sudden, Ava shoots up from the covers, looks around and shrieks. She then tries to get out of bed smoothly but ends up falling on the floor. "Oof!" James and I suppress laughter as she rises with messy hair and tired looking eyes. "I'm sorry-it was early-er, shark-slithering-ithoughtyouwereonthefloor-eek!" She says completely flustered, and then bolts out of the room.