25.) Breaking Dad's Rules

Alex drove me home after I got a text from my dad saying that I needed to watch Noëlle.

He had gotten to Alessio before Italia and her minions did.

The fucking kid was eleven years old though. She was more than capable of watching herself.

I got home and she wasn't even awake, so she wouldn't have even had to watch herself!

I don't know what mom, dad and Sio were up to, but it must have been pretty damn important because I heard the whole family was called in.

-Alex's POV-

I was preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best as mom and Vincenzo got home.

I heard Alessio was safe and knew it was only a matter of time before my mom realized that and would start pointing fingers at myself.

The familiar sound of heels clanking on the wood floor kept getting closer and closer to my room. The noise stopped right outside my door and I took this opportunity to get up and find that stupid blue polo shirt.

I could use this as an excuse to get the fuck out of here.

I threw it on just as my mom had come into my room. I was actually a little shocked to see her crying.

Crying wasn't allowed in this house and I learned that the hard way growing up.

"Will you talk to me?" She sobbed.

As much as I would love to know the reason behind her long awaited tears, I had better things to do. "I'm sure Cris would be more than willing to talk to you," I said before leaving the room.

-Sophia's POV-

"If he's going to be there, I want you to wake Noëlle up," dad said over the phone. I don't think he realized how hard it was to wake Noëlle up. She was the heaviest sleeper sometimes.

"Are you going to be home anytime soon?"

"Uh...probably not. Depending on how late it is, we may just stay here. If that is the case though, I want him gone by 11."

"How about 12?"

"How about 11? Your persuasion techniques are no good. Ok, I need to go. Wake your poor little sister up. I love you."

"Love you too," just as I had hung up the call, another one was coming in. My phone didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyway, "Hello."

"Hey, Sophia!" The very familiar voice of Sami rang in my ears. "I'm going homecoming dress shopping tomorrow. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Um...sure," here I was thinking that I had a whole bunch of time to figure out what I was going to wear and how I was going to do my hair. The dance was on Saturday, a couple days away.

"I'll texts you the deets. Ok, bye," and the call went dead instantly.

"Who was that?" Alex questioned.

"Sami. She wants to go dress shopping tomorrow."

"Ooh, get something sexy. We have to be the hottest couple there."

I rolled my eyes, dismissing his comment. I was going to get whatever I liked the most, and if that meant getting something that was by no means flattering, I was going to buy it goddammit! "My dad says you have to be gone by 11."

He threw his legs over the armchair of the seat he was on, creating a laying down like position, "But I sleep better when you're around. You are to me as a teddy bear is to a child."