30.) Negative

Alex's POV

"So how's your girlfriend?" Layne came over and sat next to me as soon as Sophia left class to use the bathroom. "There's rumors going around, ya know?" I wished Sami was here so she could slap that smirk right off her face.

These last few weeks were....hard. Not for me because I didn't really notice anything, but I could see that these "rumors" were getting to Soph.

"Yeah and they're all false, so go the fuck away and stay out of my business."

"You don't know if they're false though. I can tell you're lying. You're just really hoping they are. You know what Alex, I hope they're not. This is what you get for sleeping with every girl you come in contact with. It was bound to happen sooner or later, the odds just weren't in your favor."

I stood up and slammed my hand down on the desk, prompting everyone to look at me, "Sophia's not pregnant!" I yelled before leaving the room.

Sophia's POV

"Mom," I cried, "I don't know how much more of this I can handle." My dad had been completely ignoring me these last few weeks. I was so desperate I even tried to start the conversation on multiple occasions, but he would never give me much of a response. 

I was a daddy's girl and I needed some attention!

"I know, honey and I'm sorry. I was actually thinking about taking you and Sio on a small vacation. I could really use the time away from your father right now and I'm sure the both of you can as well."

"What about Noëlle?"

"Someone needs to stay here to keep your dad sane. She wouldn't want to go anyway."

"Well, where would we even go?"

"To visit Violet....your....grandma."

We never saw mom's side of the family because dad didn't think it was that much of a priority. Our family was here, not there or anywhere else, that was his philosophy.

"Well...I don't want to leave Alex here all alone with dad and Italia isn't even going to defend him now. He doesn't really have anyone and dad will definitely take advantage of that opportunity."

"No," she exhaled sharply, "Your dad and Italia are trying to teach the two of you a lesson. It's not going to benefit anyone though and everyone involved is going to have an awful life if what they think will happen, happens. They think that you two being together is wrong, so...they're going to...never mind."

What?

"No mom, what?"

"Baby your dad didn't let you take those pills and then kept you home for four days for a reason, his own messed up little reason. You could get pregnant, Sophia and if you do...you and Alex are stuck together forever."

I shook my head, "I'm not going to get pregnant, mom. It's been a couple weeks, don't you think I would have known by now?"

"Well...the only reason I knew I was pregnant with you was because of a blood test. I didn't have any of the symptoms. And I caught being pregnant with Alessio really late same with Noëlle. You don't always know right away, sweetie. We should test just to make sure."

"I don't even think I want to know right now. Ignorance is bliss, mom. What would you do if I was...pregnant? If it makes you feel any better, I probably won't even keep it."

I didn't feel pregnant, therefore I really doubted that I was. But on the off chance that things turn out badly, I already knew that I wouldn't keep it. I'm not ready to be a mom and no baby deserves that.