43.) Can't Get Away

-Alex's POV-

I sat on the old, springy mattress in the room we were given, waiting for Sophia to emerge from the bathroom. I mean, I could see her as she got ready, but she wasn't much of a conversationalist as she tried to make her hair look better than it already it.

I was surprised that she wasn't firing off any questions. I was also getting bored watching her do her hair, so I opened up the floor for any topic of conversation whether it was going to put me in the spotlight or not, "Really?" I started playing with one of the strings on my hoodie, "You don't have anything you want to say?"

She shrugged, a loose piece of her blonde hair escaping from the clamp she had on top of her head, "No. Not really."

"Really?" The surprise in my voice was way too evident and I quickly searched for ways to get her to think of something to say, "You don't want to know anything about them? Nothing at all?"

She turned to look at me, one eyebrow raised suspiciously, "Is there something you want me to know? If so, do tell."

I shook my head and fell backwards onto the bed, closing my eyes, fully anticipating to fall into a peaceful cat nap, "No, I just figured you'd be asking me questions or something. Ya know, new people and such...You're boring, Soph," I finally admitted.

It wasn't long before a shadow was cast over me and I opened one eye at a time to see Sophia standing above me. I laughed at her appearance. The bottom half of her hair was curled perfectly while the top part was as straight as a line. "Boring? What are you? Three?"

"Yes," I quickly shot into a sitting position and wrapped my arms around her waist before pulling her onto the bed next to me.

I was surprised that she didn't even try to fight my love this time, and instead nestled her way into my arms even further. "Body pillow," she said before draping one of her legs over mine.

I didn't say anything in response, just smiled and dwelled in this perfect moment.

"How many kids does your dad have?"

Jesus Christ! Really?!

"You're going to ruin this moment for me but you couldn't entertain me when I was bored? Nah, I don't play that game."

"But I'm curious."

I sighed really loud, making sure to do it right in her ear so she understand just how annoying this was, "Four."

"Boys and girls?"

"Just girls."

Soph didn't say anything else on the subject and instead moved on, "I didn't know they owned a hotel."

"Yeah, I didn't either."

-Sophia's POV-

The table was small.

When I had family dinners, I was used to big, full tables covered in an assortment of dishes. I was greeted here with one, but at least it looked good.

There was one very notable absence at the table, but no one really seemed to question it. We just waited. I didn't know how much longer I could wait though because I was starving and I had two other people to feed.

I looked at Alex's sisters to pass the time, studying their faces. They all looked very similar with their wildly curly dark hair and large brown eyes, a beautiful tan to each of their skins. The only noticeable differences between the four of them were their ages and clothing size.

The oldest looked like she could have been our age, maybe a year or so younger with the youngest one at the table being no older than five. They other two looked close in age somewhere in the middle.