Chapter 1

Once upon a time, before the age of Man flooded the world in a crimson plague of greed and lust, there was a sea of diverse and glorious race of ancient beings. Some were divine, others mystical, but each of them holy and demonic in their own right. The Fae, ancient guardians of the Earth, were the most revered and stood as one of the oldest races—second only to the powerful race of Dragons—in creation.
The Fae, when they stood united, were led by the merciful King Darach—the rightful heir to the Rein throne. With his queen dead, slain by the mortal King Arthur Pendragon, and his kingdom under the relentless threat of bloodthirsty and war hungry mortals and their ceaseless need for power the Fae king turned to the father of all creation; desperate for the salvation of his people.
His children, Princess Leana and her twin brother Prince Drágon, are the first born twins in over five centuries. Connected by an Aether bond so strongly tethered to their souls that it is rumored that they are connected mentally, physically and emotionally. Their powers are doubly strong and still so promising to the future of their people.King Darach found the answers he so strongly sought for in a field of tall grass and amaranth that had sprung to life through the footfalls of child bearing Fae women. In front of the King an army of Elm trees stood tall and strong, their trunks stretching and brown, roots illuminating as they peeked from under the soul and dove back under. They ground pulsed as if the planet had been nothing but a large heart. In the middle of the army of trees stood the tallest tree of all, the branches stretching through the clouds in the heavens, glowing a divine blue tinted with midnight and day time skies. Distorted whispers leaked from the irradiating tree, washing through the King's being like a warm breath.

>> He is coming. The Fae King approaches.<< The voices, soft but somehow alarmingly loud daunted him and caused him to pause for a brief moment. He stood a few hundred feet away, yet the voices sounded as if they surrounded him the the empty field. His white gold armor gleamed with the brilliant blue that washed over him, his moon colored skin and the fiery orange glow of the runes engraved in his skin were nearly drowned out by the brilliance. He rose his right arm against the light, shielding his eyes before dropping to one knee with a soft clatter of his armor and weapons. He dared to go no further, the raw power was already too overwhelming. His back bent in a heavy bow, his arm falling to the ground as his head hung with heavy devotion. He opened his mouth and spoke;
"Crann Beatha I ask for your guidance, war is at hand and your children are being threatened. I beg of you, tell me how I can save my kingdom. Tell me if we have a future?" The Kings voice trembled before his creator. The King closed his amber colored eyes, tuning all of his senses to Crann Beatha. A heavy moan erupted from the Dietys trunk, the bark expanding and deflating with dancing light as it shot up swiftly to the leaves, shaking and exploding the iridescent light. Darach heard a soft, breathy sigh of a young woman in his ear, but it was her voice that bounced off of every wall in his mind.

>>King Darach Rein... I've received your plea and I answer your troubled mind...If it is war thy Prince seeks; then know that he shall be the downfall of your people...<<
Darachs' eyes shot open, shock rocking his soul. His son was still a boy by Fae standards, unable to wield a sword or even attempt to pull the string of a bow. Nei, but he was still a babe to his people, it was hard for him to accept the dark thoughts that could be surfacing in his childs mind. The premonition was grim and he found it offensive that his son would throw away his honor for the sake of bloodshed and revenge. It was simply not the Fae way. Darach opened his mouth, voice strong and ready to combat the Dietys word.

"But-"

>>Fear not, proud King, for there is still hope for us, I shall ask of thee to bring thy son here to me when he is in a deep slumber and dare you not wake him. For just as I gifted your soul with it's mate I shall do so with him, instead of one bond between brother and sister, there shall be a triad which connects all three. It is his...and the Faes only hope...but she shall be no ordinary Elven Fae, she shall be a True Guardian of the branch. You have already chosen in your heart the path of war, but with this your people shall thrive...Go now and do as I bid, Fae King.<< Darach turned up his head, chestnut brown hair flying wildly and eyes shining with outrage. This was not the answer he sought. The mortals planned their attack in mere days and here Crann Beatha stood, roots firmly laced through the core of the earth and pulsing harmonically, telling him that salvation lay within the hands of his son and a hybrid girl. Unions could be rejected, links swept away at the mere mention of denial. The fate of his people could not hang on a flimsy bond. He needed a more promising solution, a more immediate one. He would have none of it. He drove his knuckles into the ground with a heated blow to the earth. His throat ached with hoarseness as he bellowed his outrage.