Chapter 4

She saw the floor first. A blackened marble, it's white veins stretched over the floor like ghostly fingers in the dim light. The large oak doors being pulled shut with a loud creak. Torches were lit all around the room. All around her were stands where the Jury of Royals would sit and vote on the kingdoms next decision. Her eyes scanned from one crowded side of the throne room, down to the vacant aisle and up the other side of the room. Behind her and Princess Leana stood a row of guards who were ready and able to fight at her given word. This comforted her slightly.

>>You look nervous.<< Leana's voice boomed within her. Aria shot her a sly look and began to walk behind the Princess as she led them farther into the room.

>>No more nervous than the loud barbarians above us,<< she pointed out, her pointed ears ringing from all of the loud noise. She pulled her gaze forward, her eyes landing on the aging King that sat in the large throne, which was shaped like Crann Beatha, the Tree of Life. Otherwise known as the Goddess Tree. It's branches stretched out, creating a crown that seemed to fan out. Right above King Darach's head rested an ivory coloured gem.

>>This meeting shall be over soon, we can rest then.<< Leana assured. Aria wasn't too sure about that, though. There was something in the air, something wicked coming their way. They reached the throne and curtsied low. The King nodded in approval and motioned to his daughter to join him. The noise had become increasingly louder and Darach had tried his best to silence the crowded room to no avail. His voice had become too weak in his old age; she took pity on him. Her head began to pound, the noise driving her to the brink of madness. The runes on her face and body began to glow an earthly green and she felt power surge through her.
A low growl erupted from deep within her. Focusing all of her power into her pounding head she opened her mouth.

"SILENCE!" Her voice echoed through the hall. The crowd stopped their bickering and she felt all eyes on her. Her cheeks flushed a pure red before she turned to her king with wide eyes. He raised an eye brow at her and gave her a look that said "we will discuss this later."
Bowing her head, she excused herself. She would come back when the meeting was over.

>>Aria, will you be alright?<< Leana's voice resounded loudly in her head, bouncing off the walls of her mind. Aria decided not to answer her Princess right away, she needed some fresh air. As she walked away she made sure her head was held high, her gaze kept forward through their glares. Behind her she could hear the king begin his long monologue on how the kingdom is crumbling.
      It's hopeless, Darach. She thought, blocking off Leana's connection to her. She normally never did that, however now that she made a mockery of herself she figures now was the best time to get some space. Our world is crumbling and our races are dying out. Not even our beloved Goddess can save us now.

>>Oh really?<< A different voice entered her mind; a different presence altogether. Darker, angrier, more dominant and rough. She froze in her tracks just before she got to the door. Her hands fell loosely at her sides, her muscles awaiting the orders to grab a weapon and fight. She inhaled sharply through her nose, a deep forest and dirt scent filling it. There was an underlying scent of smoke and ash.
Aria looked to her left, into the deep shadows of the room. The presence was there, she felt it in the marrow of her bones.

>>Who are you?<< Aria sent back, her back going poker straight.

"Is that the proper way to greet your future king?" A porcelain faced man came forward.
The lady-in-waiting hissed, baring her teeth as she twisted her body in the direction where he was coming from. After a too-long moment she spoke. "There's no point in forcing someone to bow. Considering that I have no respect nor any allegiance to the likes of you." She shifted on her feet as he frowned, surveying her actions in turn.

"I know you." He spoke with certainty. There was a slight pause after he spoke, a slight revelation blooming in the silence.

"Drágon?" Darach called out, lifting himself from his throne. Without looking away from her Drágon gave his reply.

"Hello father," finally he glanced up, fondly. "Sister."
Aria's jaw dropped a little, whether it was out of shock or awe she was unsure. Drágon began to turn away from her, his feet now making determined movements towards his two relatives. Her eyes flashed, flickering over to Leana's fearful gaze. The princess touched the dragons gem upon her collar bone, her breath hitching. Arias hand engulfed her own dragon's gem, suddenly aware of its presence. Without thinking she yanked a double sided speared staff from a guardsmen's hand, hearing his protests and ignoring them. She hurtled the spear towards Drágon, cueing the other guards to surround him while he was distracted.

>>Leana we must go. Now!<< She yelled through the connection, keeping her eyes on the Princess. Leana nodded, immediately gripping the gem from the throne, lifting up the skirts of her gown and running swiftly and silently to Aria. Aria wasted no time in meeting her halfway, gripping the Princess' slender hand with her own rougher but still delicate one. Her eyes drifted to the estranged Prince, his eyes meeting hers for a split second before they refocused on his attackers.
He cut them down one by one with ease, only getting struck once. His nose had started bleeding, causing Leana's to bleed, and because she was bleeding so too did Aria.
The room had become silent suddenly, Aria had heard the blade from the Prince's spear cutting through the flesh of Darach before she'd seen it. Unfortunately for Leana, it was a different case.