Ghost of the rebel's past

(Jim)
Jim stared at himself in the bathroom mirror. He was clean shaven, hair was neatly cut to look ready for his final day of youth. He felt excitement thinking of all the possibilities of his job. 'It'll probably make this rat hole a lot less boring to live in.
Jim's father used to tell him and Olivia all about the outside world when they were young. The feeling of the sun on your skin, the colors of the sunset, the sounds of nature. Jim had wanted to leave the vault his entire life. He could never stop thinking of the freedom, the newness of everything, the expanse of the world. It never left his mind every monotonous day in vault 47.
Jim's dad came into the bathroom to make sure his son was ready "Still enjoying what youth you have left?"
Jim laughed lightly and replied"Dad I'm always gonna be a kid. I don't know what you're talking about."
"Ah, you'll like your job, it'll give you structure, you'll probably find it less boring to be here."
Jim looked down, knowing his question he was going to ask would spark another debate," hey Dad... Why don't we just leave the vault? And you know... Go travel?"
Jim's dad looked at Jim steadily and said," we've already talked about it Jim,  it's dangerous, there are things out there that nobody here knows about. It's a better world down here."
Jim felt his idea being shot down but he pulled the controls up and shot back," yeah but we can just bring weapons with us, we'll start a farm, find some water, and we'll be set. No rules, no walls, no monotony, it'll end be awesome!" Jim's eyes dazzled with the thought.
"I wish it was that easy... "Jim's dad said in a soft tone, before perking up and responding in a cheerful tone, "Hey Jim! Cheer up bud, it's your birthday, go have some fun, learn something new today." Jim's dad patted him on the back and Jim looked back in the mirror. He muttered to himself, "alright, if my job sucks, hell is going down. I'm getting out of this place one way or another.

"Ahhhh oooooh ahhh weeeek?"
Jim heard a vibrating voice in the bathroom. Suddenly he was ripped from his dream and woke up. An odd man with patchy beard hair and horrible smelling breath was suddenly face to face with Jim
"Welcome, to the cage boy."