Lance x reader - Homesick

You walked down the hallway when suddenly you heard the soft sound of sniffling. You slowed your pace and quietly made your way to Lance's bedroom. You hesitated whether to knock or whether to leave him be. But since you two were together you wanted to help. You took a deep breath and opened the door.

Lance was on his bed looking at a holo-picture of his family. You were moved at how sad he was. His face was half buried from his crossed arms and folded legs. Tears left stream marks on his face and his sleeves were damp. Suddenly you became aware of the temperature of the room and quickly scurried over to the controls.

"Lance it's freezing! You'll catch a cold if you stay like this" You gasped, seeing your breath in the dark room. You played with the controls raising the temperature and turning the lights back on. You even closed the door so that no one could see inside.

Lance stayed where he was and continued to stare at the picture. You looked at Lance compassionately and sat next to him, wrapping your arm around your best friend. You looked at the happy photo of his family. It looked like he had quite a large family. There was a mixture of personalities within the group of people. You wish you had that. You and Keith had something in common; you were both orphans. You couldn't quite relate to Lance because he missed them. Your family was wiped out when you were too young to remember. But the thought of knowing something for years and being unable to reach that... It... Was... Heartbreaking.

Tears started streaming down your face. "Lance" You whispered, trying to hold back the tears. "I am sorry" You appologised. "I am so sorry" You cried, hugging Lance with both your arms. Lance started to shake in tears. You hugged your best friend tightly hoping to take all his hurt away. You wished that you could do something to cheer him up. Lance was the one always bringing the smile. Without him smiling it broke your heart knowing that your partner was sad.

"Hey Lance" You whispred, doing your best to smile. "When all this is over I want you to introduce me to your family" You grinned. You waited a bit, wondering if this was helping or doing the opposite. Lance didn't respond. "Which one's your mum?" You asked. You waited for Lance to answer... Or cry again; something you didn't want to happen. Lance slowly moved his hand to a gentle looking woman with brown curly hair. The woman was embracing an elder woman who you guessed was his grandmother. "She looks beautiful" You smiled. "Is that your father?" You asked, pointing to a tall man with a mustache. Lance nodded silently.

"No wonder you look so handsome" You smiled, "Your mother was lucky to find a man like your dad." "Can you... Tell me about him?" You asked, hoping this would get him to speak. Lance lowered his arms and sat cross-legged before answering. "He was kind, gentle and caring" Lance began. "He's kind of like Shiro; always looking out for the family" Lance smiled, remembering a few things of his past. You beamed, finally seeing the Lance you knew. "What about you?" Lance asked. Your eyes widened at his question.

"I..." You stammered. You hadn't told Lance or anyone that you were an orphan. The truth was that you were an unwated child. Whoever bore you left you on the street and it was only by the mercy of another that you managed to live until this day. You started panting. You thought you could control it until your eyes drifted to the picture of Lance's family.

They all looked so happy, even the few that had a grumpy face! You knew that they were happy, loved and cared for. But that was something you never had.

"(y/n)?" Lance said, looking at you with a worried look.

"I..." You stammered.

"I can't!" You cried, running out of the room.

"(y/n)!" Lance called out. Too late. You were already out the door. Lance could hear you crying as you ran down the hallway. "What did I do?" He asked himself.

What do you reckon guys? Should I make a part two?

As always guys! Please comment, vote or subscribe if you think I'm a good writer! Thank you to the people who commented on my book! I hope you are the first of many commenters on my ever growing book! :D

Cheerio! <3