The Moon Was Dreaming

There is no statue of limitations on starting over.

Kenna hurried down the corridor, her mind clouded. She didn't know where she was suppose to go, so she just walked endlessly down corridors.

She was certain that she had passed the painting of four men around a long table before yet Kenna kept aimlessly walking.

It reminded her of when Isaac moved into his new house. They spent hours figuring out which room was which.

It was an absurd argument because Kenna knew the room next to the kitchen was the living room yet Isaac thought it was a bedroom. Thinking back on it, Kenna didn't understand how that situation was the same to her current one.

She stopped, finally, and let herself breathe. What was she doing? She wasn't thinking straight, that Kenna knew. Where was she even going?

Kenna knew she didn't want to answer that question so instead of carrying on she walked into the closest bathroom. That bathroom happened to be Myrtle's bathroom.

She smiled softly, remembering the little girl with pigtails and ugly glasses. Kenna thought Myrtle was a thing she did right, by comforting her.

But a spider? It made no sense to her. Hagrid had many creatures he looked after over his years at Hogwarts, but this one time it went wrong?

However, it didn't matter how much Kenna thought on it. Her friend would never be coming back and all Kenna could do was hope she had found peace.

Kenna made her way over to the bathroom stalls and leaned against one of the cracked sinks.

Maybe she should just go back to the Gryffindor common room and find Teddy. He was her greatest love after all, greater then Tom will ever be.

However, when she moved to leave, she heard the sound of crying.

"Hello?" Kenna called as she walked closer to the stall. The weeping stopped abruptly as a eerie silence hung in the air.

Cautiously, Kenna went to place a hand on the door only for it to smack back against her face.

"Merlin!" Kenna exclaimed as she rubbed her sore face. Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw a transparent person floating in the air.

It was Myrtle Warren.

Emotions rushed through Kenna as her brow furrowed, wondering if she was in another dream. These day she couldn't tell reality and her dreams apart.

Myrtle was just floating in midair, staring blankly at a stunned Kenna. Then she began to giggle and it wasn't cute or girly.

"Well, well, well," Myrtle tutted then bursted into another fit of ugly giggles. "If it isn't Kenna!"

Kenna threaded her eyebrows together. "How...you...Dumbledore..."

"Oh, do close your mouth, Kenna. You might catch flies!" Myrtle laughed at her own joke.

Carefully, Kenna approached the girl while trying to compose herself. It was just a floating body, nothing she hadn't dreamt of before.

Maybe this was another side effect. Maybe when Dumbledore made her dig inside Tom's memories, they got mixed up.

She stopped as soon as she was close enough to look up and be able to see Myrtle clearly.