Don't You Want Me?

We can't forget the love that forgot us.

Dear Dad,

How are you? I'm feeling very ignored right now seeing as I've been here for months and you haven't even sent me a letter.

I know you're old, but the systems are still the same. I miss you and I know I'm coming back home in a few weeks for Christmas, but I still want to hear from you.

Love, Kenna.

"Timber," Kenna cooed and the owl fluttered gracefully over to her. Carefully, she tied the two letters to her owl's foot, one for Isaac and one for Pete and Kate, and set him on his way.

Then she began to make her way towards Dumbledore's offices. Kenna walked slowly, not wanting to get there too quick.

Honestly, she hated Dumbledore's lessons. They were suppose to be making her feel stronger and more confident but all they did was make her doubt herself.

Kenna wasn't strong enough to control her powers yet and she knew this but Dumbledore tried to make her think that she did control them.

It was all too much for her yet she had to bear it or how else would she survive?

When she reached the professor's office, the door was already wide open. Kenna still knocked before entering.

"Hi, professor," Kenna greeted politely as she walked towards his desk. Dumbledore's head lifted up and he smiled warmly.

"Kenna! You look happy," the professor compliment as he stood up.

No I don't, Kenna thought but she just nodded kindly.

Slowly, Dumbledore made his way around his desk and stood in front of Kenna. As usual, he started asking questions about how she was managing.

Kenna answered as she always did and Dumbledore told her to get her wand out.

However, just as she was about to, an owl peeked on the window filling the hallow room with noise. It was Timber.

"I just sent him away. He shouldn't be here yet," Kenna muttered to herself and went to open the window.

The white-furred owl hopped inside with two letters attached to his legs.

Kenna scratched Timber behind his ear. "Timber, you have to deliver the letters back home."

However, Kenna's owl made no response and just hopped around the window sill.

"New owl?" Dumbledore called from behind her. "New owls sometimes take a while adjusting to their new owners."

"I've had Timber for a long time," Kenna explained.

Dumbledore shrugged. "Perhaps he simply forgot you."

For unknown reasons, the thought made Kenna feel uneasy. Why did it feel like everyone was starting to forget her?

The professor seemed to sense her discomfort. "Is everything alright, Kenna?"

Shaking her head, Kenna smiled up at Dumbledore and withdrew her wand. "Of course, professor. I just really wanted these letters delivered."