Chapter Four-An Irascible Princess-1819

"If I am ignored, then do me a favor and let me leave", Princess Delaware yelled, as she wondered whether she needed to bother with this invitation.

She watched Lord Frederick Lowell gasp; she watched her brother also gasp. She wanted them to gasp, because they're obsession with titles, invitations, and societal parties, and regal dances, conveyed a sense of pomp and ceremony that was far away from the villages, ports, and Inns, in London Town...

...Where she loved to desire to go to...so that she could find a suitor who wasn't stand offish; who wasn't up himself; who wasn't ful of himself.

And then she stared at the young Lord.

"Do you have a wife, M'Lord?".

"Nay, my parents reject all Ladies who come here...M'Lady". He bowed in front of the young Princess.

"Even I?".

"Nay, we're delighted at this invitation. Besides, it is rather exciting to do something to...Well, as I say, to...be in such, delightful company".

"Aye, well you may escort me tomorrow as my suitor".

"M'Lady, a suitor...".

"Aye".

Lord Frederick Lowell bowed again.

"Then it's settled". Lord Lowell declared.

"Indeed", Lady Elizabeth Lowell smiled.

"But sister...No Lady has caught the Lord's heart...".

"Aye, maybe I shall do that, brother...", and she grinned in triumph. She watched everyone. They didn't object, because it was so bold of her, that Lord Frederick Lowell grinned as well...as the guests left the Castle knowing that the Princess played her hand...And won.

Page 5