Chapter Fourteen-And in London Town comes a Lady

Lady Roberta Mayvey walked down the cobbled streets of London Town.

She wore a light, red colored hat, a blue colored gown, and white colored gloves on her hands. She strode onward on her blue colored slippers on her feet.

Her red colored hair was tied on a bun; her brown colored eyes gleamed in the moonlight. She entered the Library.

"Is it my wish not to be disturbed?".  She watched Grines, the butler's, reaction.

"M'Lady, it isunfortunate that you're here".

"How unfortunate?".

"There's been news that I feel you must know about".

"Pray tell, what news? I have travelled throughout Hyde Park today...And I feel invigorated. And now you give me...".

"M'Lady, your cousin was killed. Poisoned by a Priest. He was an assassin".

"Poisoned. Who poisoned Princess Delaware?".

"That is a mystery".

"Mystery. And where was she before she died?".

"She was at The Lowell Royal Family Mansion. They invited them to a party that was to be tomorrow night".

"And what of Lord Frederick Lowell?".

"He is upset that he can't marry her. It would start a war".

"I know that. Maybe I will marry him".

"That won't happen. There's a problem M'Lady".

"Well...".

"A Irish Lady is missing. She was on a ship heading for England".

"Who is her name?".

"Lady Elspeth Darrow".

"Her! She is coming to England. How dare she come here! Do you know what she did to me?". Lady Mayvey yelled.

"Nay, M'Lady".

"She stole my husband in London. That was in 1815. It was the end of the General Napoleon's reign in Europe.

"She used her beauty to capture my Lord! She...If I see her...she's dead". She couldn't stop her anger from rising.

"Why is she coming here, M'Lady?".

"I don't know. Proabably to seduce all Lords in England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. Be wary of her, she'll destroy them".

"I'll sent word in the Inns, Taverns, and Ports. And Castles...M'Lady". And Grines bowed, and left his Lady alone to calm down before the showdown happened.

***

Page 15