When my parents gave me the news that we were moving to LakeWood, I wasn't so happy. I had researched about the place for weeks and it didn't seem like a nice place. There was murder spree last year and a lot of people died. I didn't want to get in the middle of it. But, of course, I didn't get a choice.

"Honey, LakeWood will be a great place for you to find friends! You haven't had one over in a while. We're worried."

"You're worried that I don't bring home people often enough? I don't like talking to other people."

Another reason I didn't want to move.

"That's the last box. Let's go." My dad hops in the front seat and I hop in the back with my cat, Carlos.

A few hours later, we arrive at our new home in LakeWood. I wasn't very excited but I got my own bathroom.

I let Carlos in the house and brought in some of my things and set it in an empty room, looking out my window. I see a boy walking across the street, towards my parents.

I try to save him the trouble and wave away, shaking my head. He just looked at me oddly and smiled as he approached my parents.

"Hello, I heard we were getting new neighbors. I'm Eli Hudson, I live with my mom across the road."

He holds out a hand towards my parents.

"We are the Robinsons. This is our daughter, Isabelle."

I looked up at Eli and see him hold out a hand, I shake it to be polite but notice our hands fit together perfectly.

I brush it off as my mother invites him in for lemonade.

"No, no it's alright." He says.

"No, it's our treat, please."

"Alright."

He comes in our house and Carlos rubs against his leg.

"I'm sorry, that's Carlos, our cat." I say.

"It's alright. Are you going to attend George Washington High?"

"I believe that's where I am going. Do you attend there?"

"Yes I do, along with a couple other of friends that would be glad to meet you. I have a cousin that lives with me, his name is Kieran."

"I'd love to meet them sometime."

My mom pours us glasses of lemonade and goes into her room to begin unpacking with my dad, leaving Eli and I alone.

"So, how long have you been living here?"

"A couple of weeks, I moved in with Kieran with my mom. Thought he needed a little company, his dad was killed last year."

"Oh, that's awful. I heard about that, the killer was a girl named Piper that was Brandon James daughter."

"Yeah, I know Pipers half sister, her name is Emma Duval. She lives up the street."

"I heard the thing that happened last year was all about her, that's all I read about. She must be traumatized."

"Yeah, I would be too. I'm going to go home and leave you to unpacking, see you at school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, goodbye Eli."

"Goodnight Isabelle."

"Please, call me Izzie."

"Alright, see you tomorrow Izzie."

He smiles, walking out the door. I get up and walk into my room, watching him walk across the street.

"He seems like a nice boy. Maybe he can be more than a friend." My mom comes into my room.