4

It had only been less than 24 hours since my mother was found dead in my kitchen and I was not ready to admit she was gone.

I open my crusted over eyes from crying so much, looking over to Eli, curled up against me. His eyes were still closed and he looked peaceful for once. I remove his arms from myself, trying not to wake him up. I lift myself from the bed, wiping my eyes. I notice it was 9 and I go to the other side of the bed, covering Eli's cold body up. I lean down, kissing the side of his lips. He moves over a bit but doesn't wake up.

I move to the kitchen, looking around in the fridge. I grab the egg carton from the bottom shelf and grab a pan. I crack an egg in the pan, hearing it sizzle against the hot surface. As I flip the egg, I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around my waist and I smile just a little bit.

"Good morning." He says, as he sets his chin on my shoulder.

"Hey." I smile, turning to my head to the side. I give him a quick kiss on his lips and pull away, setting the egg off to the side.

"How are you this morning?" He says with a groggy voice.

"I'm fine, how are you?" I say, cracking another egg.

"Good, I woke to breakfast cooking by a beautiful woman." He kisses my shoulder, letting go of my waist.

"I just wanted to make you breakfast, you don't have to compliment me."

"Okay, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, El."

"Will you by my girlfriend?" He looks to the ground and back up to my face, blushing.

"Yes, I will." I smile, handing him a egg.

He smiles right back and I hear my phone ring.

"I'll be right back, enjoy your egg." I say, walking to my room.

I shut the door and grab my phone from my beside table, seeing Audrey was calling.

I: Hello?

A: Hey, how are you holding up?

I: I'm fine, Audrey. Thank you for asking.

A: What are you up to today?

I: Nothing much, Eli just asked me to be his girlfriend.

A: Really? That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you. Wait, have you guys kissed?

I: Thank you, Audrey. When he took me out last night, we kissed for the first time. It was amazing.

A: Wow. Are you guys going to come to the carnival?

I: There's a carnival? I had no idea. I'll have to ask Eli if he would be willing to take me.

A: Okay, call me. I'll probably be there with Emma later on. See you later!

I: Okay, see ya.

I put my phone back on the bedside table and get dressed into a pair of jean shorts with sandals and a tank top with a sunflower on it. I walk out to see Eli, reading the paper.

"Did you know there was a carnival here?" He says, taking a bite of his egg.

"No, I had no idea. Audrey wants to know if we could meet her up there later."

"That sounds cool. I'm in." Eli says, finishing his egg.

He walks over to me, throwing his plate in the trash. He wipes his face, staring at me.

"What?" I say.

"Nothing, I just realized I'm really lucky." He grabs my waist with his left arm and pulls me to him.

Give Me A Chance- Eli Hudsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें