3

A/N: Hi guys! I can't believe how well this story is doing so far, I love writing it and I hope you all like reading it. I thought I would create a playlist for you all to listen to while reading so here's a few songs I like to listen to while writing.
I Walk the Line- Halsey
Come a Little Closer- Cage the Elephant
Treat You Better- Shawn Mendes
R.I.P 2 My Youth- The Neighbourhood
Polarize- Twenty One Pilots
When We Were Young- Adele
Don't Let Me Down- The ChainSmokers
Why Is It So Hard to Change- Sean Grandillo :)
Please Don't Go- Joel Adams

Enjoy this chapter! :))

-

The party was a fluke, no one showed up after what happened at the fun house. Eli came over and helped me eat all the junk we had bought. Brooke hadn't been at the fun house with the rest of us and I was wondering where she had been.

"Well, nice first party, Iz." Eli says, scavenging through the snacks.

"Yeah, I know. It was pretty crazy." I say, taking a bite of some chips from the counter.

Eli looks at his phone and turns on some music, setting his phone on the counter.

"Isn't a party without dancing." He says, grabbing me and pulling me closer to him.

He pulls me around through the kitchen, trying to get me to dance.

"I'm not much of a dancer, Eli."

"Oh really." He dips down, scaring me.

"Seriously? Are we really dancing in a time like this? People are being kidnapped, and murdered."

"People all around the world are being kidnapped and murdered. Don't worry so much." A slow song comes on and he pulls me even closer to him.

"You are strange." I smile, laying my head on his shoulder.

We move slowly to the music, moving back and forth across the kitchen. I lift my head from his shoulder as the song comes to a stop and look straight into his eyes, getting deep into his mind.

I could feel what was going through his mind. He was scared, terrified, feeling uncertain. He was insecure and badly needed someone to let him in. He was an outsider, afraid of people figuring out what he has done. He was strange.

I feel my face get red hot as we were just staring into each other's eyes, reading each other. I notice he wasn't looking at my eyes now but my lips instead. His eyes flickered in the kitchen light and he smiles. His hands move from my waist to my face, pulling back strands of hair from my face and tucking them behind my ear.

"You're so beautiful." He whispers, slowly moving away from me.

I could not think of anything to say back but I knew exactly what I wanted to do at this moment. I thought about it but then stopped. It is too early. I barely know him. But, I feel like I have known him forever. Instead of thinking, I look to the clock, seeing it was almost midnight.

"I think I am going to go to bed. It is pretty late. Goodnight, Eli."

"Okay, I'll text you tomorrow. Goodnight, Iz."

As Eli exited the door, I think to myself again. Why are you so awkward? Did he want you to kiss him? Does he feel the same connection you do? Is this all just a stupid dream?

I put my hands to my face, tapping to see if I was actually awake right now, and I was. I go to my room and look out the window, seeing Eli walk shamefully to his house. Should I run to him and kiss him? Should I come up with a dumb excuse just to walk back to him? What if Kieran was home? What should I do? I think of what I could do.