playlist for this chapter:

It's Been a Long Time Coming- Sean Grandillo

Happier- Sean Grandillo

How to Save a Life- The Fray

Bad Intentions- Niykee Heaton

Dollhouse- Melanie Martinez

Sucker For Pain- Imagine Dragons

Control- Halsey

Sean's new EP came out Friday and it is amazing, I recommend listening to it. It is available on spotify and iTunes!

Okay, now to the story :)

-
I froze, seeing Eli standing in my doorway. I didn't know what to think really as he sat there, giving me an awkward smirk. I then thought about it and jumped into his arms, holding him tightly.

"Thank god, Eli. Thank god." I say, feeling more tears rush down my face.

I pull out of the hug, looking at his face shine in the moonlight. I see him smile at me just a little.

"Come in, please." I say.

He enters the home as I shut and lock the door. He hands me his coat and I hang it over the side of the couch.

"Okay, I know you just came back and all but where were you? I was so worried. I thought you were dead! I don't want to get angry but I can't help myself."

"I'm sorry, Izzie. I had to go for a while. I needed to get away." He coos.

"Well, you left at the wrong time. Zoe died and the killer got me." I say, pulling up my sleeve.

"Oh my god. Do you think I wanted this to happen? I didn't leave for no reason!" He responds, touching the bandage on my arm.

"Why did you leave?" I say, tapping my foot.

"Izzie."

"Eli, tell me."

"I love you, Izzie. I didn't want to hurt you. I left so I didn't blow up like I did a long time ago."

"Is that why she has a restraining order on you?" I say, not even faded by what he had said before that.

He loved me? He nods his head.

"I liked her a lot, she thought I was creepy and obsessed. That's why she didn't want me near her anymore. I just didn't want that to happen with you because I truly care about you."

"Did you think I wanted you to really leave that night? I was just so mad and I was embarrassed for you to see me like that. That's all. I didn't want you to walk away and not disappear for almost two weeks. I thought some awful things why'll you were gone. I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere. The least you could've done was call and tell me you were okay." Tears begin rushing down my face as I look to the ground.

I feel his touch on my chin and I open my eyes, looking to him.

"Don't think I left because I didn't want to see you. I left because I didn't want you to see me. I love you." He says.

I had never told anyone I had loved them before, except for my family. I had never had someone care for me so much.

"I love you too." I say, staring into his eyes.

He brings my face to his, kissing me softly. I hold him close to me, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Don't you ever leave me again or I'll have to punish you."