Pennelope Black

Madam Pomfrey had insisted on keeping Harry in the hospital wing for the rest of the week. I would visit him everyday after every lesson. Everyday Harry looked sad and broken, I asked him why but he would just shrug and say 'My Nimbus' I know it's hard on him. So every time I would visit I would attempt to cheer him up. As well as the Quidditch team, Ron and Hermione, Ginny visited with me sometimes then she would run off giggling. I don't know why.

As much as I try to cheer him up, it just, doesn't work. I bring him treacle tart and flowers, which by the way always makes me blush. I can also tell he's hiding something, something very important, maybe it has something to do with the thing he saw at the match. But, what is it? Every time I came with Hermione and Ron, Harry would look at us with guilt, but he covers it up easily, even though I notice.

Oh, I also realized what that screaming is when the Dementors come. It's my parents and Voldemort, every time I get near a Dementor it gets stronger and louder. I even am having nightmares about it, I don't tell anyone though.

It's Monday today and Harry is finally getting out if the hospital wing. I walk down to the hospital wing to walk with Harry to potions.

The whole potions class Malfoy kept doing impressions of Dementors from across the room. I finally got ticked off, I grabbed my slippery crocodile heart and flung it at Malfoy, I don't even notice Ron did too until he got fifty points taken away from Gryffindor. I should have gotten one too, I feel really bad that Snape takes it all out on my friends, by the way, my crocodile heart hit Malfoy in the face, Ron's just hit his foot.

"If Snape's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," Ron said as we headed towards Lupin's classroom after we had lunch. "Check who's in there, Pennelope."

I walked towards the door and just popped my head in. Lupin was back!

"It's okay!" I said.

Lupin looked a little ill. His old robes are hanging loosely on him and there's dark shadows beneath his eyes. Even through all that, he smiled at us all. The class piled in and once they saw Lupin, they burst into complaints about Snape.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves -"

"- two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" Lupin asked, frowning slightly.

The babble broke out.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind -"

"- he wouldn't listen -"

"- two rolls of parchment!!" I turned to my left to see that Ron was complaining about that. Ron, if only you knew about all the homework I have to do.

Lupin smiled at the irritable faces of my classmates.

"Don't worry. I'll speak to professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay," he said.

"Oh, no," Hermione said, looking very disappointed. I'm a little disappointed too.

"We've already finished it!" I complained.

We had a really fun lesson. Lupin had brought a glass box containing hinkypunks, they have one leg and looked as though they were made of smoke, they look rather harmless.

"Lures travelers into bogs," Lupin said as Hermione and I took notes. "You notice the lantern dangling from his hand? Hops ahead - people follow the light - then -"

The hinkypunk made a horrible screeching sound against the glass. Everyone covered their ears but Hermione and I kept taking notes.

The bell rang, we all gathered up our things and headed for the door.