CHAPTER 15

- CHRIS' POV

Finally. It had taken so long to fucking get here.

"Thank you, my man," I said as I produced cash notes out from my pockets. "I probably over paid you but no worries."

"Thank you, thank you."

The taxi driver was bug eyed as he stared at the money, obviously completely shocked that someone was giving him it all.

"You treat yourself."

I walked away, the cold breeze nipping the back of my neck. The streets were packed full of people... I was never going to find Kerry. Why had I come all this way without even telling her? I never stopped to fucking think. She might not even be in Stuttgart anymore and she could have easily moved elsewhere since the IP address check. It was even fucking harder than trying to find a fucking needle in a haystack. And even if a miracle occured and I did find her, what would I do if she fucking rejected me?

I decided to text her but not tell her I was in Stuttgart:

'Hey, just wondering what you up to and if you good?'

I got a reply as quick as fuck, actually - which was surprising:

'Just working and I've just spilt some fucking tea, yay...'

She was working? In Stuttgart? Shit.

'She ain't fucking here anymore,' I thought. 'She wouldn't be fucking allowed to work in Germany if she an American citizen.'

I text back:

'Naaw, where you work?'

I sat down on a bench and waited for her response. It came about a minute later:

'A cafe. Not that it concerns you or anything.'

"EXCUSE ME!" I shouted at a man that walked by. "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?"

He ignored me so I assumed that he didn't. I got up off the bench and went back to the busy sidewalk.

"Hi, you speak English?" I asked a couple.

"A little," the man said.

"Good. OK, do you know where the cafes are around here?" I spoke slowly.

"Cafes?" he looked around and then pointed. "Er, there is two down there."

"Thank you," I said, running down the street.

As I approached the first cafe, I noticed boarded up windows. Well, that one was closed. I continued to the second one and it was open. I walked in, hoping for the best.

- KERRY'S POV

I had an old towel in my hand and I was mopping up the tea that I'd spilt all over the counter. The bell on top of the door rang and I was glad that we had another customer to add to our current proud collection of one lonely woman who was currently tea-less.

I didn't look up at the customer but I said in German, "I'll be with you in a minute."

"Kerry? What's happened?"

Chris' voice. Was I imagining this? This couldn't be fucking real, surely not...

I looked up. Chris. I didn't know what to say or do. Why the fuck was he here? He should be in Switzerland or somewhere by now.

"Hi?" I managed to say. Shit - that sounded so fucking lame.

"Why... why? Why the fuck you here? Why ain't you back at home?"

It took a while for me to respond. I put the towel down and took Chris outside onto the street. It was getting chilly as fuck now, the sky looking like it would explode out snow blizzards at any second.

"Chris, I haven't got enough fucking money to get a plane ticket. That's why I'm working."

"You should have fucking told me that, Kerry! You know I woulda put you up in a hotel and then bought you a fucking ticket if you'd asked! I was't thinking like that then, you know after the shit that went on, but if you told me -"

"I'm not that kind of person, you should know that. I like to work for everything that I've got," I replied. "I don't want your fucking money. I'm not some fucking charity case like fucking Karruec- "

His lips were on mine. I kissed him back and we both got a little too passionate.

- CHRIS' POV

"Come with me," I smiled at her after we kissed. "I need you, Kerry."

"But I can't just quit the job here. Anne and her husband are really good people and I don't want to let them down."

"You can't stay here for fucking ever. You have to do it at some point," I reminded her.

"OK, I guess you're right," she said, interlocking hands with me. We walked back into the cafe and we went upstairs to find Anne.

"Anne?" Kerry called out.

"Hello Kerry," she said, coming from behind us. "Who is this?"

"Anne, this is my... well -"

"Boyfriend. Chris," I finished the sentence off for her.

Kerry coughed. "And I, um, would just like to ask if it's OK to go with him and leave this job, if that's possible."

"Oh, Kerry, I will miss you a lot," Anne smiled tearfully, giving her a hug. She then gestured at me. "You look after this girl now, for me?"

"Yes ma'am," I laughed. "One hundred percent."

"Bye Anne. I'll come back to visit if I ever come to Germany again."

Anne reached up and tapped me on the shoulder. "Don't forget Kerry's suitcase."

I grabbed her suitcase and we then left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, Chris and Kerry are back together. :D

Vote and comment if you like this chapter! ♥