CHAPTER 27

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

- CHRIS’ POV

I woke up and looked at my phone for the time - 4am. I was still tired but I could never really sleep well in hotel rooms. My company from last night was lying next to me and was asleep so I quietly got up and reached for my cigarettes, walking out onto the balcony. I noticed one of the used condoms in front of me but didn’t bother getting rid of it… these kinds of hotels’ cleaners were used to them anyway.

I lit a cigarette and rested my arms on the balcony’s railing, looking out into the darkness. The moon looked chilling and spooky and I was kind of expecting something scary to happen when I turned back around once I’d finished smoking. However, I was welcomed with nothing apart from the girl’s quiet snores. I walked over to her and rudely told her to go, to which she slapped me and then left.

‘The ladies have always admired your charm, Chris,’ I thought, smirking slightly. At least the sex had been good - and it had been free. Not that money would ever be a problem for me… I’d been rich ever since I was sixteen. Ha, those days seemed so far away, like they were part of a different world. The same could be said for the days when Kerry and I got together and when we went on my European tour. 

Kerry had been on my mind constantly ever since she left and I couldn’t deny that I still loved her to death. There was something about her… her vibe, her aura, the way she carried herself, that mesmerised me and had caught my attention that first time I met her. But did I want her back? She’d played with my feelings and confused me constantly over the years and I didn’t need to go through all that again.

I went in the shower and let the cold water pass over my sweaty body for a few minutes. I then turned the shower off, wrapped a towel around me and sat on the bed. The sheets stank of sex and the smell managed to overpower the shower gel smell that lingered on my chest.

There was an abrupt knock on the door and I answered it. The girl was back, saying that she’d left her bracelets here.

“I don’t know where the fuck I put them,” she mumbled, trying not to make eye contact with me because I only had a towel wrapped around my bottom half. “They’re expensive.”

I let her in and she began searching. 

The girl saw the condom that I’d seen out on the balcony and pointed at it. “You’re not going to pick that up?”

“No. That’s the cleaners’ job.”

“That’s disgusting. You’re really gross, you know that? I used to think you were this amazing guy back in the day but you’ve changed. Like really changed.”

I walked over to her. “What the fuck are you on about, back in the day?”

“Oh, you don’t remember me,” she muttered sarcastically. “I’ll just pretend that I don’t remember you either.”

“Look, I’m sorry but I really don’t have a fucking clue who you are,” I replied.

“I used to work for you. I was that seventeen years old, English girl in Europe, remember? I was on that shitty tour of yours and I joined with two other young girls.”

Shit. I was vaguely remembering her now. “It begins with a K, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah. I’m Kali.”

Woah, what a coincidence. I’d slept with an ex-employee without even realising? I didn’t really know what to say to her. “Well hey. I’m Chris.”

“Unfortunately, I already know that.”

She started looking for her bracelets again and I sat down on the bed. After a minute or two, she found them.

“Thanks for letting me find them,” she smiled a little. “And I’m sorry about slapping you before.”

“Don’t be. I was really rude to you - sorry.”

Kali glanced around the room one last time before going to the door.

“Kali?” I said. “How about meeting me for some drinks tonight at O5? 10ish?”

“Maybe if I feel like it. But I wouldn’t hold your breath,” she answered before walking out and closing the door.

- ZAHRA’S POV

I didn’t spend the night at Blake’s and instead went home for my sleep. Mom had had a phone call from the school and she had asked me why I hadn’t been at school, to which I replied that there must have been a mistake and that I was at school. She didn’t question it; she didn’t care about education anyway because she’d told me before that she’d dreamed away her school days with modelling fantasies.

I woke up earlier than usual. I rubbed my eyes and adjusted them to the light that was streaming in through the window. I thought about going back to sleep but I decided to get up.

“Good morning,” Mom said when I walked into the kitchen. She handed me a bowl of fruit.

“Fruit? We never have fruit for breakfast. And since when have you had the energy and love to prepare it for me?”

“Stop being rude, Zahra.”

I groaned. “I’m not being rude, for fuck’s sake.”

“Just sit down and enjoy the fucking fruit, OK? I don’t even know why the fuck I bother.”

I sat down and ate the fruit and Mom soon wandered off upstairs to do her makeup. She always did that - walked away from everything. It was the most frustrating thing because it was like she didn’t give a fuck about anything.

I placed my bowl in the sink and then went back up to my bedroom.

I text Blake: ‘Morning x’

B: ‘Good morning beautiful girl. Xxx’

Z: ‘I’m still aching from yesterday, lol. u r so cruel to me xxx’

B: ‘I’m sorry baby. How about round 2 today tho? Xxx’

Z: ‘I can’t… I’m aching too much. that’s what happens when u go too hard on me… I told u to take it slow towards the end but u wouldn’t listen xxx’

B: ‘Well do you wanna hang out today? No sex or anything. Xxxx’

Z: ‘Not today, I really want to just spend my day sleeping. sorry Blake xxx’

B: ‘Can I sleep with you? ;) Xxxx’

Z: ‘No… ;) bye xxx’

B: ‘Bye baby… have a nice sleep. Xxxx’

----------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me if you enjoyed this chapter and please vote! Thank youuuu. ♥