Chapter One

Chapter One

[ three years later ]

I breathed in the clear air as I laid on the ground, my feet dangling into the lake below me. The air always smelt better out of the territory, even though Jared hates when he founds out I've been lingering outside the border, knowing how dangerous it could be with rogues lingering around constantly.

Especially now, there have been sightings of rogues within each corner of the border, the border control had their hands full.

I sighed lightly, the wind hitting my face giving me a light breeze. What a feeling to be free.

A growl snapped me out of my thoughts, my head snapping back to see a mahogany coloured wolf far from me, inching closer. A rogue.

Instantly, I was on the attack, jumping up from my position and crouching down as I stared down the wolf.

"You shouldn't be here, rogue." I spat the word rogue out with such disgust. Rogues were disgusting pieces of work. Having been kicked out of your own pack takes a toll on your wolf, and slowly but surely the pain of being ripped from your pack and pushed aside by fellow wolves can drive your own crazy.

Soon enough, the rogued wolf becomes bloodthirsty and will rip apart anything and everything that gets in its way in order to survive. Typically, a rogue's strength doesn't equal to the strength of an ordinary pack member however with the intense need to kill, they become more dangerous than ever.

The rogue in front of me snarled at me, stepping closer.

"Shift!" I growled, baring my teeth at the packless wolf. The wolf ignored me as it jumped in the air, launching itself at me. Quick on my feet, I dodged out of the way of the wolf bullet, gliding to the other side as the wolf ended up dropping into the lake behind me.

I spun around to face it, backing away to have space between us, quickly glancing behind me to ensure that there weren't any other rogues lurking behind me. While rogues are kicked from their own packs, they can actually form a whole new pack however it tends to be unlikely due to the fact that their wolves feel almost PTSD before the betrayal of their own pack that they would prefer to be alone than risking getting betrayed once again.

The wolf jumped from the lake, growling aggressively at me.

"Fine, be like that then." I snarked watching the wolf begin to lunge at me one more time. This time I met the wolf in the middle, shifting in mid-air. My wolf felt thrilled to feel the rogue's shoulder within our grasp, our teeth snapping down.

The rogue whimpered as we gripped its shoulder with our fangs. During strength, I pulled down with my jaw tightened on the meat of his shoulder which resulted in the rogue being thrown in the tree beside me.

Its body fell to the ground and was slow to jump back into action as blood oozed from its shoulder. I didn't waste time as I growled at the weak wolf, jumping up and landing on the rogue's back.

The rogue shook about, attempting to push me off however I had plunged my claws into it's the body and my fangs were once again into its body, this time clinging on to the meat on the neck. The rogue was viciously shaking as it continued to shake me off but I wouldn't budge.

The rogue let out a cry of pain as I pulled on his neck with my fangs, ripping part of the meat off. In immense pain, the rogue's legs buckled under pressure and they fell to the ground, shifting into human form.

Underneath me was a young man, filthy almost as if they had not been in human form in a long period of time. It almost made me feel bad.

Almost.